What's your latest purchase?

NouveauCliche

Purchased a few months back!! Sonor Vintage 20, 10, 12, 14 & 14x6.5! Absolutely love!! Makes an old man feel young!! View attachment 95923

The LEAST vintage looking Sonor Vintage haha - I bet that sounds awesome man! Congrats!

iCe

Silver Member
A Gibralter small boom arm
Meinl Generation X 8" Filter China
Paiste 2002 4" Accent
Paiste 2002 6" Accent

Going to use the Filter China on the bottom of the stack with the 10" Paiste PSTX Swiss Splash. Have a 10" Zildjian Oriental China Trash under it now, but the stack sounds too 'sharp' by lack of better words. So going to switch it with the Filter China.
Had the 6" Accent years ago and sold it, but always liked it's sound and missed it. And then i thought 'maybe if i get the 4" i can more or less mimic the YYZ intro'. So i had to get that too haha. The 6" is going bell side down on top of the stack (yes, with a felt in between) and the 4" bell side down on my 10" A-Zildjian Fast Splash

lefty2

Platinum Member
After watching the video about EarPeace ear plugs I ordered a pair and I gotta say they sound pretty natural just lower in volume. 1600392840316.png

PaisteGuy

Picked up this 5.5” x 14” Tama SLP Bronze Snare this afternoon. Put a Remo Powerstroke PS3 coated on it to dampen out the overtones. Nice and Crisp, with a darker tone now. I’m just waiting for the SLP walnut and bubinga snares to arrive, along with the Copeland snare. Also going to upgrade the throw and butt plate.

Attachments

• D8CB3CBF-0CDA-4672-ACCE-5E3EE33543C4.jpeg
    D8CB3CBF-0CDA-4672-ACCE-5E3EE33543C4.jpeg
    162 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Justinhub2003

Silver Member
These came into today (on a Sunday, which is weird)

Avantone Pro 8 piece Mic kit (1 snare, 1 kick, 3 toms, 2 overheads and 1 hi hat mic).

The carrying case is amazing faux gator skin and tweed look retro and beautiful.

But man, after initial testing, these are warm and great sounding on my toms. I was using SM57’s on snare & toms. The difference in the toms is huge.

I likely still use 2 mics on the kick. So I’ll most likely put the new mic on the inside of the kick and my AKG D112 on the outside.

But man, so far I’m impressed. These are built like tanks and every mic, from Tom to overhead has a shock mount.

1E84AB5A-4505-47CC-B019-2E6C020F79EF.jpeg

Local Oaf

Not drum-related, but I’ve played guitar since I was 14 (1998), but had gotten away from it in the last few years. My amp needed a friend.

So I picked up this bad boy on sale at Guitar Center. One of Epiphone’s top-of-the-line models, the Les Paul 1960 Tribute Plus. It’s beautiful, plays like a dream and comes with Gibson Les Paul pickups.

The old dude who was helping me at GC told me, “give it love and give it a name.” Now as you probably now, all of B.B. King‘s guitars were named Lucille. And as a nod to him and also being a fan of the show Arrested Development and also being just generally ridiculous, I’m calling mine Lucille 2.

Justinhub2003

Silver Member
Took a shot in the dark and offered Mugan Music $450 for the Paiste signature Monad Ride (Danny Carey of Tool signature model) on Reverb and they accepted.

DC and Bonham are my favorite drummers and I’ve always wanted this ride. It’s not really my style but it is an incredibly articulate dry ride with a really cool appearance.

757E594B-FCA6-4686-B3A2-FF9B453802E7.jpeg

Al Strange

Gold Member
Took a shot in the dark and offered Mugan Music $450 for the Paiste signature Monad Ride (Danny Carey of Tool signature model) on Reverb and they accepted.

DC and Bonham are my favorite drummers and I’ve always wanted this ride. It’s not really my style but it is an incredibly articulate dry ride with a really cool appearance.

View attachment 96199
Damn, that’s a fine cymbal...I’m split between that and a blue bell for my next cymbal purchase... ? (y) :cool:

Justinhub2003

Silver Member
Damn, that’s a fine cymbal...I’m split between that and a blue bell for my next cymbal purchase... ? (y) :cool:

My guess is the blue bell would be the more versatile option.
But I’m excited to hear the ping of this DC ride in person. Arrives on Wednesday

drumnut87

Silver Member
not exactly drumming related, but got this behringer U-PHORIA 1820 recording interface, so i can record drums for videos and for anyone who wants them :)behringer-phoria-umc1820-usb-0-audio_1_29f3593ccc8fc8563f8526e35c02f6d1.jpg

iCe

Silver Member