What's your latest purchase?

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
Great choice! I have an Outback with 70k original owner (me) miles. I plan on diving it until it dies, or I do. lol

My dream gear hauler is a Mercedes Metris cargo van.

NouveauCliche

Great choice! I have an Outback with 70k original owner (me) miles. I plan on diving it until it dies, or I do. lol

My dream gear hauler is a Mercedes Metris cargo van.
We've had Subaru cars forever - my wife has a 2011 turbo forester and we had a WRX before that:

My Subaru pro-tip: See if you can find a solid Subaru ambassador mechanic locally. Keeps the repair costs down with the quality up. Mine ended up being a great friend and he took awesome care of our cars - above and beyond any dealer. He knew all the cool sources for turbos when they died and did neat upgrades like transmissions and all that fun stuff.

Justinhub2003

The Worst (best for me) Guitar Center in my area strikes again.

Today I walked in and once again they have a Ludwig drum priced incorrectly. Today it was a Ludwig Supraphonic LM402 listed as a 14” supralite.

Checked the store inventory on line and they don’t even list a Supra.

So essentially walked away with a 579 dollar drum for right around 200 bucks.

I already own a less than a year old LM402 so I’ll likely sell and make some profit.

493169D4-9707-480E-AFA4-96335B310856.jpeg17B2DC81-D633-4657-9D91-C864979ECE5A.jpeg6DF3A65C-4A45-49B4-86AF-CE1D923396FC.jpeg613108F0-A686-4F85-A131-B22722AA4460.jpeg

cbphoto

Gold Member
I’ve had this snare (Tama hand-hammered brass, 14x5.5”) for a couple weeks now and my initial reactions are:
  • It’s heavy. 1.5mm thick shell with a well hidden seam.
  • It is not shrill, it has a low frequency punch to it, even when tuned high & tight.
  • It has a wide tuning range.
  • With 8 lugs and brass hoops it is very open, and has a long decay.
  • It’s the prettiest snare I’ve ever seen.
  • I bought it using points (that I didn’t know I had, so double-bonus).

34E99F4C-5911-49EB-9A02-54528BCC3A8B.jpeg
F231E461-6397-47FD-84E6-91018BEEB6DD.jpeg

Last edited:

Ransan

The Worst (best for me) Guitar Center in my area strikes again.

Today I walked in and once again they have a Ludwig drum priced incorrectly. Today it was a Ludwig Supraphonic LM402 listed as a 14” supralite.

Checked the store inventory on line and they don’t even list a Supra.

So essentially walked away with a 579 dollar drum for right around 200 bucks.

I already own a less than a year old LM402 so I’ll likely sell and make some profit.

View attachment 95804View attachment 95805View attachment 95806View attachment 95807
Nice snare and Great score I would have picked up as well!

Right now the local GC has a 3 piece DW design series in a cherry satin finish for $549.00.
I am not in the market but at the same time, not sure if that’s a deal worth snagging up.
I may go and try them over the weekend.

madjack956

This is my drum kit. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

A couple of quick iphone shots of my new kit. I didn't think this old man could get excited about much anymore, but today was a good day. Got this from Sweetwater around 2:00 p.m.. Been assembling all day.
Still got to adjust cymbals and pedals etc.
Its a 7 pc. dw performance series in black diamond. It has all series 9000 hardware and I got Zildjian Custom A's for it. 14" hats, 16,17,18 inch crashes and a 20" ride. The drums are 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, and a 14 x 6.5 snare. 18 x 22 bass drum.
Everyone has their idea of a dream set and this one happens to be mine.

Oh yeah, my name is Jack. I've been lurking for a week or two. Lots of knowledge and talent here.dw6.jpgdw9.jpg

NouveauCliche

This is my drum kit. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

A couple of quick iphone shots of my new kit. I didn't think this old man could get excited about much anymore, but today was a good day. Got this from Sweetwater around 2:00 p.m.. Been assembling all day.
Still got to adjust cymbals and pedals etc.
Its a 7 pc. dw performance series in black diamond. It has all series 9000 hardware and I got Zildjian Custom A's for it. 14" hats, 16,17,18 inch crashes and a 20" ride. The drums are 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, and a 14 x 6.5 snare. 18 x 22 bass drum.
Everyone has their idea of a dream set and this one happens to be mine.

Oh yeah, my name is Jack. I've been lurking for a week or two. Lots of knowledge and talent here.View attachment 95855View attachment 95857
Nice rig man - tour worthy!! Gotta go hit up those coliseums!!

madjack956

When i feel im worthy ( good enough) the performance series is the kit im Going to buy .nice i love it
Thanks for the compliment. If being worthy was a prerequisite for these drums, I'd be banging on on boxes and trash can lids to the Beatles "Day Tripper" like I did in the 60's.
I've had 4 kits in my life, but its been a while since the last one. Life got in the way.
I'm fortunate enough now to live on some acreage, in a home with a detached mother in laws quarters, that has no mother in law. So I have no one to bother.
The drums sounded pretty good last night. Me, not so much.
Hopefully it comes back.
I'm glad to have found this site. It seems like a great group of people.

BruceW

So I needed to purchase something for my house (something that I couldn't get locally, grrrrr) and so when I found one one Amazon, I had a choice. Pay $5.99 shipping for the one small item I needed, or spend $9 more and get free shipping. So....

I ordered a spare kick drum patch for emergencies, and a drill-bit drum key. :) Big spender, I am...still, the most I've spent on drums in a while