What's your latest purchase?

Rotarded

Picked this up yesterday. Never seen one before. 1977 uncatalogued lacquer over brass Supraphonic. The last ones documented (model LM401) were in the 1960 catalog. No B or BR stamp, just a sticker on the inside "Seamless Brass Shell". All original except for heads. Unknown how many exist.

Lacquered Brass Supra.jpg
Seamless Brass shel.jpg

Darth Vater

My local shop got in this Noble and Cooley CD Maples Kit in Honey Maple gloss lacquer ( my favourite finish ) in my preferred configuration 20/12/14 and we negotiate a fantastic deal , so home it came with me .
Superb drums , perfect bearing edges and that great maple sound . Been awhile since I had a 100% Maple Kit .
You can't go wrong w/ maple. ;)

jimb

Taken a chance on a cheap Zultan 10" splash and clamp. Great reviews and sound sample sounds really nice...splashy and not gongy.

Local Oaf

Today’s 75 dollar find.

90’s (I think) Ludwig Black Galaxy Arcolite
No way! I just got a 90s Black Galaxy Acrolite too! I got it for free from this dude who was getting rid of some drum equipment. I promise I’m not trying to one up you. Just pointing out the weird coincidence that we each got such a good deal on the same item so closely in time.

Auspicious

Today I pulled the trigger on a pair of Sony MDR7506, I listen to music all the time at the job, I was fed up with my Lo-Fi pair. At home they will help me studying drum solos of songs were the drum recording is very low or when the engineer puts it far away in the background with not too much resolution.. So Instead of cranking my speakers to listen to a section 15 times in a row. :)

I figured it was time to get good headphones.

I had one similar pair in the past and they were very good headphones with more then enough RMS watts, clean and pure sound, no special filters. I hope these will be as good as my previous pair.

Can't wait to try them.

Today I pulled the trigger on a pair of Sony MDR7506, I listen to music all the time at the job, I was fed up with my Lo-Fi pair. At home they will help me studying drum solos of songs were the drum recording is very low or when the engineer puts it far away in the background with not too much resolution.. So Instead of cranking my speakers to listen to a section 15 times in a row. :)

I figured it was time to get good headphones.

https://i.imgur.com/fcWKtLy.png?

I had one similar pair in the past and they were very good headphones with more then enough RMS watts, clean and pure sound, no special filters. I hope these will be as good as my previous pair.

Can't wait to try them.
Can't say enough good things about these cans. Have had mine since 2014 and love them!