What's your latest purchase?

ineedaclutch

Platinum Member
Do the holes like these or on trash cymbals change the pitch (much)? I still have the stock Pearl Hi hats (14) and was thinking about experimenting. I can get/use step drill bits up to an inch if I decide on that. (would it be worth it?)
Drilling will change pitch and sustain. Go ahead and drill those Pearl hihats. I expect them to dry out with a lower tone, but that depends on hole placement and size. Check out Lance Campeau on YT or rdavidr. They both have cymbal mod vids.

yammyfan

This 18" K Sweet crash joins his 17 and 19" siblings. I recently added a 21" K Sweet ride to the family as well.

Looking forward to collecting the 16" hi-hats soon, possibly later this week. Once those arrive, I'll have a nice mix of regular and Sweet Zildjian Ks to choose from. They're just so darn versatile.

20200809_145235.jpg

lefty2

Platinum Member
I Came across a Sweetwater advertisement Evans ec2 clear 10 inch 12 inch and 14 inch drum heads for 30 bucks with free shipping. I went from coated g2s to clear ec2s. I just got them put on today. They sound pretty nice.
1078F46C-B060-4444-8D86-7BB335ADA8ED.jpeg

mrfingers

Bought a used, cheap Yamaha strap drive from the 80’s? The 6110A. Love it, sort of. Rebound off my kick batter not as clear as my Tama, double chain 910. Did improve the rebound with a wooden beater. Not this one but similar...I think it’s destined to be the emergency gig pedal.1597067959016.jpeg

Last edited:

AzHeat

Platinum Member
Bought a used, cheap Yamaha strap drive from the 80’s? The 6110A. Love it, sort of. Rebound off my kick batter not as clear as my Tama, double chain 910. Did improve the rebound with a wooden beater. Not this one but similar...I think it’s destined to be the emergency gig pedal.View attachment 94953
That pedal became my primary. I can play faster with that than anything else I've had, so no point in banishing it to the back. The beater....not sure I'd call that thing a beater. More like a pillow on a stick. I swapped that out instantly. The spring tension adjustment. Did yours come that way? I upgraded mine to the Gibraltar that looks exactly like the one you have. Nice $7 upgrade and worth every penny if not more. Nice pedal for around the price of dinner. Now that's drum gear I can afford all day long!

lefty2

Platinum Member
Stopped by my local drum store today Midwest Drum and Percussion to buy a used Dream 16” crash for $130 if it was still there and I came home with an A Zildjian 17” med. thin crash for $145. I had listened to the Dream several wks ago and really liked it. Today when I played it, it sounded very trashy almost China sounding. So I looked around and found two 17” A Zildjians one had no ink logos & no ser.# it sounded good for $120. It reminded me of an 80s cym. The other one looked very new I liked it the most for $145 so I picked it up. It blends in well with my 18” Dark K and 16” thin A. I’m pretty pleased.
3D488F42-A415-432D-A227-EB285102746E.jpeg