What's your latest purchase?

Frosticles

Silver Member
After a bit of a lull, Picked this up yesterday. Mapex Meridian Birch/Maple Hybrid Black Edition Viper :) Love the finish. Almost looks like it is moving when you look hard at it. Not a kit to play whilst pissed or on hallucinogenics :oops:???

C48C57EB-680D-4665-A1BF-77A767BE7824_1_201_a by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
91718306-F439-481D-955D-013ECD7225E3_1_201_a by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
B2AD5A56-F102-49C5-B7EF-16AA8D5D481D_1_201_a by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
3D8AA8F1-64C4-40F5-AB39-C0DAF186305E_1_201_a by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Yea Kevin, how many kits do you have now?

Are you gunning for Bo's top spot?

I've not had GAS since 2016 when Yolanda entered and graced my life. It still feels strange not getting tempted with all the wonderful temptations

Darth Vater

After a bit of a lull, Picked this up yesterday. Mapex Meridian Birch/Maple Hybrid Black Edition Viper :) Love the finish. Almost looks like it is moving when you look hard at it. Not a kit to play whilst pissed or on hallucinogenics :oops:???

C48C57EB-680D-4665-A1BF-77A767BE7824_1_201_a by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
91718306-F439-481D-955D-013ECD7225E3_1_201_a by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
B2AD5A56-F102-49C5-B7EF-16AA8D5D481D_1_201_a by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
3D8AA8F1-64C4-40F5-AB39-C0DAF186305E_1_201_a by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
I heard those Meridians are pretty nice kits.

NouveauCliche

Picked up a wonderful new Gretsch Brooklyn Chrome over Steel snare yesterday. I've read lots of good things about these snares and had been wanting something new to go with my Renowns. It's solidly made and the finish is like a mirror. Can't wait to try it!

View attachment 94851

That's pretty! Play around with it and give us a full review!

yammyfan

That's pretty! Play around with it and give us a full review!
You bet!

I have three other steel snares but none of this caliber. I'm hoping this one will be my go-to snare for gigs and recording, at least until I pick up a brass, copper or bronze snare. It's well-made, that's for sure.

doggyd69b

How about a thread to celebrate and marvel at our newest purchases? I know I'll enjoy seeing yours.

Here's mine:

A mixed box of toys. Evans g2 over g1 coated for my yamaha kit, tight screws and trick quick release cymbal toppers.

A quick release hi hat drop clutch, some rods, some brushes, emperors for my saturn kit, and a 20" emad which could go on either of my 20'' kicks. Also a dw cowbell mount.

I'm so happy.

You must post pictures wherever possible.

Non drum related things are encouraged.
I am currently deployed in the Middle East, but when I get back in Nov, I plan on buying the Zoom Livetrack L20, a set of drum mics and cables and setting up my set to record some stuff, I can't wait. Does anyone know a decent (max $1000) set of mics for a 7 piece drum set (pictured in my avatar) needs to be 5 toms, snare, bass, and two overheads, I can't seem to find those sets... I only find sets for a 5 piece drum set. I know I can buy more mics but if there was a set out there it would be nice.

Frosticles

Silver Member
What has it been, a whole week? ;)

Seriously, where do you find this stuff? And what do you do with all of it? Flip it?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That long................. I sit & trawl through all my local free ads etc. :)

ineedaclutch

Platinum Member
Do the holes like these or on trash cymbals change the pitch (much)? I still have the stock Pearl Hi hats (14) and was thinking about experimenting. I can get/use step drill bits up to an inch if I decide on that. (would it be worth it?)
Drilling will change pitch and sustain. Go ahead and drill those Pearl hihats. I expect them to dry out with a lower tone, but that depends on hole placement and size. Check out Lance Campeau on YT or rdavidr. They both have cymbal mod vids.

Fred D

Pioneer Member
Picked up a wonderful new Gretsch Brooklyn Chrome over Steel snare yesterday. I've read lots of good things about these snares and had been wanting something new to go with my Renowns. It's solidly made and the finish is like a mirror. Can't wait to try it!

View attachment 94851

Nice drum! I like steel snares. Nice hoops, I see some DW influence there.

yammyfan

This 18" K Sweet crash joins his 17 and 19" siblings. I recently added a 21" K Sweet ride to the family as well.

Looking forward to collecting the 16" hi-hats soon, possibly later this week. Once those arrive, I'll have a nice mix of regular and Sweet Zildjian Ks to choose from. They're just so darn versatile.

20200809_145235.jpg

lefty2

Platinum Member
I Came across a Sweetwater advertisement Evans ec2 clear 10 inch 12 inch and 14 inch drum heads for 30 bucks with free shipping. I went from coated g2s to clear ec2s. I just got them put on today. They sound pretty nice.
1078F46C-B060-4444-8D86-7BB335ADA8ED.jpeg