What's your latest purchase?

ineedaclutch

Platinum Member
20200723_211335_copy_1008x490.jpg
21" Bosphorus Traditional Original w/ 2 rivets on the left, and a light 22" Bosphorus Hammer on the right. Just got a chance to take them for a spin and they deeeliver! Old Stamp IIA Istanbul K hats are there, but didn't quite fit in the pic.

Justinhub2003

I live in cincinnati and a few months ago realized we had a really nice relatively new drum shop that stocks high end cymbals, kits, and vintage gear.

I think I’ve visited every week to buy something new because his shop is so cool to have in the city and it means I don’t have to give the mega corps my money,

Today was the Byzance dual hats, last week a trash crash, the week prior a trash splash, and then before then a dary dry crash. Those all were my first ever Meinl cymbal purchases, and I’m normally a Paiste guy, but I love these cymbals.

But I also love that the shop stocks cool accessories from tackle, lowboy and Canopus.

Currently they are hosting a bunch of one off or prototype cymbals from meinl (the meinl cymbal tour). If you want to add a cool one of a kind sound to your Arsenal, check out his shop:

Badges Drum Shop https://badgesdrumshop.com/

justadrummer

I live in cincinnati and a few months ago realized we had a really nice relatively new drum shop that stocks high end cymbals, kits, and vintage gear.

I think I’ve visited every week to buy something new because his shop is so cool to have in the city and it means I don’t have to give the mega corps my money,

Today was the Byzance dual hats, last week a trash crash, the week prior a trash splash, and then before then a dary dry crash. Those all were my first ever Meinl cymbal purchases, and I’m normally a Paiste guy, but I love these cymbals.

But I also love that the shop stocks cool accessories from tackle, lowboy and Canopus.

Currently they are hosting a bunch of one off or prototype cymbals from meinl (the meinl cymbal tour). If you want to add a cool one of a kind sound to your Arsenal, check out his shop:

Badges Drum Shop https://badgesdrumshop.com/

I'm in Pittsburgh. When we aren't in Covid-19 lockdown, I've been known to go through Cincinnati fairly regularly when doing animal rescue transport. I'm ALWAYS happy to check out a new drum shop! I just mentioned this to my incredibly wonderful wife, she rolled her eyes and laughed. When we are on the road and I'm driving, she always looks for music stores to stop at.

The silver glass Gretsch Brooklyn kit currently in their inventory got my attention! :D I need to get back to work soon.

Last edited:

Litlbeat

Hello guys! .. this is my first post on the forum .. very happy to join you!

my last drum purchase was a lovely 1996 Ludwig LC 401 maple ... what the strains on the casing say!
I bought this drum in st.Petersburg two week ago for only $ 250 ... I think it's a great deal ...

I also have a few more drums Ludwig these are two supras and one acrolite .. if it’s interesting, I’ll also throw off a photo ..!)

thanks to all!

Attachments

justadrummer

my last drum purchase was a lovely 1996 Ludwig LC 401 maple ... what the strains on the casing say!
I bought this drum in st.Petersburg two week ago for only $ 250 ... I think it's a great deal ...

I also have a few more drums Ludwig these are two supras and one acrolite .. if it’s interesting, I’ll also throw off a photo ..!)

thanks to all!

Welcome to the forum!

1595603688777.png
Great drum! (I used to own it's twin.)

Last edited:

petrez

Some new stuff ordered today, 14" Paiste 900 SE Hats, 10" Meinl Classics Custom Extreme Splash, 12" Meinl Classics Custom Trash (splash w/ holes) and some different hardware holders/stuff. Getting ready to pimp up the incoming Yamaha SC "metal kit" :).

thanks to all!
what's the deal with the tape on the lug?

Litlbeat

the tape also needs to be replaced)) .. the previous owner did not follow this much
I want to put the spring mount on the rope

justadrummer

Thanks for the nice welcome!
I see a lot of guys here who are similar to me in spirit) I'm glad to see you!)

I wanted to ask .. what kind of heads are you using for this drum? I think they need to be replaced on mine.
Remo Ambassador on the batter side, Remo Ambassador Hazy on the snare side.

petrez

Just got these in the house, Yamaha SC's in Raven Black (2x 22", 10", 12", 13", 16", 14"x5,5" snare). Will be a good quality practice kit, with the possibility of gigging and/or a recording session, if needed :). But as said before, not all mine unfortunately.... My guitarist owns it (I ordered it and suggested to buy it, as he himself has no clue what is good and not regarding drums...) and it will be used as a shared practice kit at his house, where we practice at least once a week. Seems to be of high quality, especially considering the price.
116252245_609324239985991_2046593481790421236_n.jpg

yammyfan

Just got these in the house, Yamaha SC's in Raven Black (2x 22", 10", 12", 13", 16", 14"x5,5" snare). Will be a good quality practice kit, with the possibility of gigging and/or a recording session, if needed :). But as said before, not all mine unfortunately.... My guitarist owns it (I ordered it and suggested to buy it, as he himself has no clue what is good and not regarding drums...) and it will be used as a shared practice kit at his house, where we practice at least once a week. Seems to be of high quality, especially considering the price.
View attachment 94571
Great kit!

It's easy and worth it to give those unfinished bass drum hoops a few coats of wipe-on poly. It will darken them a bit and protect against dirt and smudges.

Justinhub2003

Just bought 2 new things today. Mostly out of boredom, but can’t wait for them to arrive

1. Meinl Byzance Sand Ride 20”.... this gives me a full set of meinl cymbals now with 2 crashes, a splash/trash, & hi hats. I love Paiste and the dark energy series but meinl is cool because they are so different than paiste

2. Ludwig Keystone X 14x6.5 Snare in Sienna Red: a Ludwig snare is not what I needed, I have more than enough BUT this is the oak-maple-Oak construction my new Ludwig Classic Oaks are. Very similar color too.

Ludwig has a small store on Reverb that they sell B stock and New old stock/ stock photo Kits for great prices. I messaged them and offered them 250 and they accepted.

That said... they have some other killer deals on keystone X and Classic maple kits that if I had the room I’d jump all over.