What's your latest purchase?

roncadillac

I just got my hands on a Zildjian 21" Sweet Ride in brilliant finish, I haven't had a chance to test it out but I'm expecting it to be a little brighter than my other two Sweet Rides. I'm going to have 3 cymbals on my kit and they are all Sweet Rides. I've got an older one that has some nice patina to it which makes it a little pingier so it's going in the ride position, then my other traditional finish SR is going on my right side as a crash/ride, then the brilliant finish is going on my left as a crash.
For awhile I'm my younger days I ran two sweet rides, traditional on my right and brilliant on my left. The traditional had a bit more warmth and stick sound, the brilliant had a more glassy crash sound. Very fun set up plus crashing two 21's caused my guitar player to have to upgrade from a 2x12 to 4x12 haha.

yammyfan

I picked up a couple of S-Hoops to 'elevate' my already surprising Stage Custom Birch snare drum. I bought one of the 10-lug versions in Honey Amber finish last year, long before I bought a full set in Cranberry Red. Got a great deal on it too - $50 ($38 USD), as I recall. Never had been played.

I think the Honey Amber goes well with the Cranberry Red and helps avoid that dreaded matchy-matchy look that people talk about.

Anyway, it's surprising just how good the SCB snare drum sounds. Like - really good. It was worth putting a Remo CS Coated head on, that's for sure. I think it's worth upgrading the stock 1.6mm hoops too. I'll find out soon enough!

20200722_180623.jpg20200722_182020.jpg

Last edited:

Darth Vater

Any snare I've had over the last few years that came with triple flange hoops had the batter side replaced with an S-hoop. Hendrix Archetype snares come with them standard, top and bottom. Fantastic hoops. I know guys that swap out their entire kits with them.

Ransan

Christmas in July!
The rest of the gang showed up today - time to retire The Big Red Machine.
Pearl Session Studio Select in black halo glitter lacquer finish.
8 pieces:
22” kick
8” tom
10” tom
12” tom
13” tom
14” ft
16” ft
14”x6.5” matching snare96E1028A-983A-4A34-A888-8AD10DE5DC62.jpegA2B88370-515E-40C4-9135-99013D6B2A4C.jpeg
9F3E87E9-C42D-4929-8854-F2183F2AFCFA.jpeg
6A378014-0A45-43C0-B27E-988A4B4295A3.jpeg
I will have to move things around my beat lab before I can set these up.
As far as my additions to complete the kit itself, I am waiting on the rest of the ...also I am awaiting a ....

Last edited:

yammyfan

Any snare I've had over the last few years that came with triple flange hoops had the batter side replaced with an S-hoop. Hendrix Archetype snares come with them standard, top and bottom. Fantastic hoops. I know guys that swap out their entire kits with them.
Sweet! I might upgrade the whole kit if they're half as good as I think they are.

roncadillac

Christmas in July!
The rest of the gang showed up today.
8 pieces:
22” kick
8” tom
10” tom
12” tom
13” tom
14” ft
16” ft
14”x6.5” matching snareView attachment 94453View attachment 94454
View attachment 94451
View attachment 94452
As far as my additions to complete the kit itself, I am waiting on the rest of the ...also I am awaiting a ....
Love the finish! I'm a recent convert to Pearl so you could say that I am 'jelly' as I hear the cool kids say these days haha. One curious observation: the session studio select, while not their highest end offering, could be considered a pro level kit yet they ship it with Remo UT's? I'm surprised.

Ransan

Love the finish! I'm a recent convert to Pearl so you could say that I am 'jelly' as I hear the cool kids say these days haha. One curious observation: the session studio select, while not their highest end offering, could be considered a pro level kit yet they ship it with Remo UT's? I'm surprised.
Yes there’s master grade shell material, as far as nuance your pointing out, I have ready, a round of ambassadors for resos and cs dots for the batters, PS3 for kick, coming piecemeal are the ... and masterca.. oops 🙊!

C.M. Jones

Christmas in July!
8 pieces:
22” kick
8” tom
10” tom
12” tom
13” tom
14” ft
16” ft
View attachment 94451
View attachment 94452
Beautiful, Ransan. Welcome to the Session Studio Brotherhood.

justadrummer

62 year old Noob/rookie, new to the forum and drums so everything is a my latest purchase!

Tama Superstar 7 piece kit, Dream Ignition Cymbal Pack, Pearl Hardware.

My kit arrived Monday but waited till this morning to unpack and assemble. It’s Canada day so here’s my first post and pic.

Wish me luck, I’m going to need it LMAO.

View attachment 93779
Very nice! And... Welcome to the forum!

justadrummer

My two latest purchases are a 2006 DW/Craviotto single ply solid Maple finished in Broken Glass finish, and a 2018 Gretsch USA Steve Ferrone Signature in Cadillac Green finish. Both are pictured with my 1958 (Slingerland era) Leedy with a Sparkling Blue Pearl finish.

1595496665668.png

Last edited:

bonerpizza

Silver Member
Christmas in July!
8 pieces:
22” kick
8” tom
10” tom
12” tom
13” tom
14” ft
16” ft
View attachment 94451
View attachment 94452
Beautiful finish on that kit, I think the next time I buy a new kit I'll give Pearl a serious look. I remember having an Export kit and hating the tom mounting hardware and since then I disregarded them, but that finish looks better than anything I've seen from Tama recently.

bonerpizza

Silver Member
For awhile I'm my younger days I ran two sweet rides, traditional on my right and brilliant on my left. The traditional had a bit more warmth and stick sound, the brilliant had a more glassy crash sound. Very fun set up plus crashing two 21's caused my guitar player to have to upgrade from a 2x12 to 4x12 haha.
I've had a SR on my kit for 8 years and I've tried to find another cymbal to work with it and I realized I was comparing everything to a Sweet Ride so I might as well just try 2! Now I'm probably going to get a 23" and put that in my ride spot eventually, but it's wild to think that the answer was right in front of my damn face!

J-W

Christmas in July!
8 pieces:
22” kick
8” tom
10” tom
12” tom
13” tom
14” ft
16” ft
14”x6.5” matching snare

I was going to say "TRAITOR!", but after seeing the new set, I just can't. They're too nice. Post pics when you get them set up.

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
Not drums, but this will help keep them dry. Last time I did my activism thing was just pure luck. It's just two weeks until I will be doing a lot of that until the end of September at least, so it's a no brainer.

It's a cheap POC, but it will keep light rain and snow off. I got three side walls, as well. It's 4,5 x 3m. Glad I didn't go smaller. Next one will be 6 x 4m.

IMG-2284.JPG

petrez

Well, not exactly my own purchase, but I did the guidance and ordering of a Yamaha Stage Custom Birch in Raven Black, for my guitarist that wanted a good drumkit at home (where we practice with our band, and he has some other projects with drummers as well that will be using the same kit). So in a few days I will be getting that nice Yamaha kit sent to my place, outfit them with new heads, and feel as though it is my own kit, in a way :p. I will at least be playing it once a week, so I feel some ownership here. So yeah, the sizes are 22"x17" (x2, two bassdrums), 10"x7", 12"x8", 13"x9", 16"x15", 14"x5,5" snare. No hardware, will be using the stands from the beater kit he has at his place for the moment. Also ordered Remo PS3 for the bassdrums, Emperor clear for the toms (the resos we will have to make do with the UT's that come with the kit for now).

Last edited:

Ransan

Beautiful finish on that kit, I think the next time I buy a new kit I'll give Pearl a serious look. I remember having an Export kit and hating the tom mounting hardware and since then I disregarded them, but that finish looks better than anything I've seen from Tama recently.
I wouldn’t let the Pearl mounts hamper your decision. My first big boy purchase at 16 was a Pearl export, didn’t sway me away, in fact I chuckle at those who harp on the tom mounts, maybe because my first kit was a cb 700, heh, humble brag.
Don’t worry, Gyro lock series hardware has you covered my man.

Ransan

I was going to say "TRAITOR!", but after seeing the new set, I just can't. They're too nice. Post pics when you get them set up.
Yessr thank you for not grilling me.
Oh hell No - I am keeping the Ruby Vistas. That kit is complete, I have around $1300-$1500 Hercules hardware alone that was very hard to procure at times. That hardware inventory consists of: 4 clip stands (2 boom tom stands), 3 boom cymbal, 1 straight cymbal, and another clip stand arm mount. (I Still look at Bermuda’s storage pic as I’m certain he has the balance of Herc hardware).

I will certainly post pics of the proper bobby dazzler.
Thanks for checking it out!

bonerpizza

Silver Member
I wouldn’t let the Pearl mounts hamper your decision. My first big boy purchase at 16 was a Pearl export, didn’t sway me away, in fact I chuckle at those who harp on the tom mounts, maybe because my first kit was a cb 700, heh, humble brag.
Don’t worry, Gyro lock series hardware has you covered my man.
I'm pretty sure that 16 year old me would hate the drummer I've become 20 years down the line, I only use two toms and don't have a single Z Custom on my kit! My first kit was a Percussion Plus kit with roto toms, because when you can't play a steady beat the solution is 3 things to hit!

Looking back I don't know why I didn't flip the damn L arm over so I could put my rack tom lower, it's almost like I was stupid or something!