What's your latest purchase?

iCe

Collected the 21" ride today. I had the 23" in my hands at the store but I think the 21" will be sufficient. I've been wanting a crashable ride for quite a while now.

View attachment 94221
By any change compared it to the A-series version? I own that one and very curious about the K version :)

Got one back today. In 2008, I foolishly let my Paiste 20” DE Light Dark ride go. They hardly ever come up anymore. Picked up the 21” version from a local drum buddy earlier today. Such a great all purpose cymbal. Does everything well.

View attachment 94234
Darn that is a tasty looking ride!

Ransan

For my Pearl sessions kit, this one really got my bird a flyin’!
The flagship of Pearl. A bc2030 boom cymbal stand.
Ms. Parker just don’t know!

Aside from being killer heavy duty with counter weight boom stand, this thing is also engineered to use the nurled extension as a drop for accessory (ahem cowbell(s)) mount (top pic) or to add another gyro lock tilter which I may get and use as a small splash tree (bottom pic). The gyro lock tilter piece can travel anywhere about the nurled rod, ahh man soo cool!
I’m not sure exactly what to do with it at this point but my options increased.6756F3DA-5608-4090-A4F6-4DBC589B057F.jpegE4E4335A-2665-4C92-87BC-1551A72A82D5.jpeg

drumnut87

For my Pearl sessions kit, this one really got my bird a flyin’!
The flagship of Pearl. A bc2030 boom cymbal stand.
Ms. Parker just don’t know!

Aside from being killer heavy duty with counter weight boom stand, this thing is also engineered to use the nurled extension as a drop for accessory (ahem cowbell(s)) mount (top pic) or to add another gyro lock tilter which I may get and use as a small splash tree (bottom pic). The gyro lock tilter piece can travel anywhere about the nurled rod, ahh man soo cool!
I’m not sure exactly what to do with it at this point but my options increased.View attachment 94287View attachment 94288
love the 2000 series of hardware, ive jsut recently got one of their old 2000 series snare stands :)

TK-421

Last week I picked up a used, but very good condition 22" Diril AD ride. 100% handmade and hand-hammered in Turkey by the same guy (Ibrahim Diril) who created the Byzance series for Meinl and the Paiste Twenty series. And it sounds good. VERY good. Dark and slightly dry, with a somewhat pronounced stick definition and a very pleasing wash that does not overpower. All in all, a great addition to my cymbal collection.

And the best part: it was only $130. But it gets even better, because I traded in a Soultone ride that I was no longer using—I originally paid $100 for it, and traded it in for $80. So my net cost was only around $62!

IMG_0002.jpg

roncadillac

I replaced my 3rd or so busted wobbly cheap snare stand in a row with, you guessed it, another cheap snare stand that I'll probably have to replace within a year.

I'm not an abusive drummer by any means but I just seem to always go through snare stands. It's always the same issue regardless of manufacturer: the little C pin thingy that puts counter pressure to hold the basket to the upper pipe/tilter comes loose and my snare basket wobbles around like crazy. I've tossed 3 or so perfectly good snare bases because the upper section wobbles. I do tend to lean on my snare drum when at rest (between songs, chatting, etc) and I am like 220lb so that probably doesn't help.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I replaced my 3rd or so busted wobbly cheap snare stand in a row with, you guessed it, another cheap snare stand that I'll probably have to replace within a year.

I'm not an abusive drummer by any means but I just seem to always go through snare stands. It's always the same issue regardless of manufacturer: the little C pin thingy that puts counter pressure to hold the basket to the upper pipe/tilter comes loose and my snare basket wobbles around like crazy. I've tossed 3 or so perfectly good snare bases because the upper section wobbles. I do tend to lean on my snare drum when at rest (between songs, chatting, etc) and I am like 220lb so that probably doesn't help.
Wow. A snare stand wouldn't even be on my list of things I think could fail. Surprising. I got a Mapex snare stand for 75 bones and it's heavy friggin duty. I hope you don't pay more than 20 dollars for a snare stand that fails. It's still a wasted 20.

Buy once, cry once.

Or buy thrice, cry thrice.

You could get a used pro stand for a song and be done with it.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member

Next time that happens, take your stand to a gun shop. They deal in roll pins and would more than likely have a suitable replacement.

-OR-

Get that thing tack welded. It will never move again.

roncadillac

The one good thing about cheap snare stands is that they’re light, and therefore easy to carry.
Exactly. My original Tama snare stand I got with my first kit last me about 14-15 years, from there I've had SP, Dixon, Griffon, and now Gibraltar. They all are very light weight, all cost $30 or less, and all have crapped out in about a year haha.

RickP

Gold Member
Picked up one of the new Rogers drum thrones . I was shocked how comfortable this throne is . The padding is very firm and the throne base is very lightweight and solid . It weighs about half the weight of my Tama Ergo Rider and Roc N Soc nitro thrones .

Attachments

Picked up one of the new Rogers drum thrones . I was shocked how comfortable this throne is . The padding is very firm and the throne base is very lightweight and solid . It weighs about half the weight of my Tama Ergo Rider and Roc N Soc nitro thrones .
interesting! did you try one out before you bought it? it looks like it would be 0% comfortable. I feel like I'd have a hard time pulling the trigger on one of those without actually sitting on it first.

I actually just got a new-to-me throne a few days ago too. it appears to be just about brand new- even shipped in the original box. it was an auction with the make an offer option. he accepted my offer, which was surprising. a bit silly and lazy, but I got tired of picking up and moving my other throne every time I wanted to switch kits...

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

RickP

Gold Member
interesting! did you try one out before you bought it? it looks like it would be 0% comfortable. I feel like I'd have a hard time pulling the trigger on one of those without actually sitting on it first.

I actually just got a new-to-me throne a few days ago too. it appears to be just about brand new- even shipped in the original box. it was an auction with the make an offer option. he accepted my offer, which was surprising. a bit silly and lazy, but I got tired of picking up and moving my other throne every time I wanted to switch kits...

View attachment 94415
Sitting on it is what sold me on it . It is very comfortable, the memory foam type padding doesn’t compress completely and leaves a very firm but comfortable surface to sit on . I would never buy a throne without trying it first. I plan to keep this for rehearsals and for playing guitar .

AzHeat

Platinum Member
Finally got my CrossTowns set up for their glamour shot. Using an old boom I had from the 90s till Yamaha comes out with one for the 3 series.
They have been solid. Definitely happy with them.

In case anyone is wondering, the mics do pick up the tone of the toms through the Super Pads. I have the snare mic turned out a bit to pick up the wires too. Works well, but the mics Have to be pretty hot.
45111707-654E-471F-ACFB-A04E9A672342.jpeg3F11C406-E2CB-4FB8-A021-8375838D7C7D.jpeg

bonerpizza

Silver Member
I just got my hands on a Zildjian 21" Sweet Ride in brilliant finish, I haven't had a chance to test it out but I'm expecting it to be a little brighter than my other two Sweet Rides. I'm going to have 3 cymbals on my kit and they are all Sweet Rides. I've got an older one that has some nice patina to it which makes it a little pingier so it's going in the ride position, then my other traditional finish SR is going on my right side as a crash/ride, then the brilliant finish is going on my left as a crash.

Attachments