What's your latest purchase?

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
This absolute beauty............... Anyone know what it actually is?????

s-l1600-23 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
You normally post treasure. Treasure this does not appear to be. Either you are messing with us or you found something. So I have 2 guesses. It's either some junk beginner thing you got for free or you found something like Enzo Ferrari's personal kit (he might have drummed, I dunno) in the attic of the Scuderia factory in Maranello.

Frosticles

Silver Member
You normally post treasure. Treasure this does not appear to be. Either you are messing with us or you found something. So I have 2 guesses. It's either some junk beginner thing you got for free or you found something like Enzo Ferrari's personal kit (he might have drummed, I dunno) in the attic of the Scuderia factory in Maranello.
It was local & I made a bid on it whilst drunk the other night. Then, forgot about it. Won it for £20. I do have plans for it though :) Normal service "May" be resumed tomorrow if I win the kit I am after :)

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
It was local & I made a bid on it whilst drunk the other night. Then, forgot about it. Won it for £20. I do have plans for it though :) Normal service "May" be resumed tomorrow if I win the kit I am after :)
That's one of the best drumset acquisition storys ever!

I do wonder what it is. The arms say Pearl but the spurs say Tama.

Frosticles

Silver Member
That's one of the best drumset acquisition storys ever!

I do wonder what it is. The arms say Pearl but the spurs say Tama.
Took me a while.......... It's a Stagg TIM+ Doesn't make it any more likeable :D Started work on it yesterday. The Chrome is all mint & cleans up like new :) The shells are like Balsa Wood, they are that thin :D Superb bearing edges though. Sanding them down is difficult as the shells seem like they are impregnated with some sort of gooey resin & instantly clogs up the sandpaper. Paint thinners & wire wool it is then...............

gish

Picked up a Zildjian 18” K dark thin crash yesterday. Based on my initial impressions, this looks to be the beginnings of a K addiction for me.

timmdrum

Silver Member
Absolutely beautiful, and I'm generally not a fan of green drums. The depth difference between the FT's is a little odd visually, but as long as they sound like they belong together, then all's well. :)

Frosticles

Silver Member
Absolutely beautiful, and I'm generally not a fan of green drums. The depth difference between the FT's is a little odd visually, but as long as they sound like they belong together, then all's well. :)
The finish really works on this kit :) This was an Artist Endorser kit (Circa Waves) & made to his specifics. Had a quick go on them & the separation is phenomenal. Also makes for different set ups depending on the music. Will sound great as is, or, with the 12 & 14, the 12 & 16 to the 14 & 16 :)

gdmoore28

Gold Member
Boy, that kit has everything going for it: beautiful finish, lovely lugs, and I really like those badges. The floor tom sizes look odd to me, too, but I could certainly live with it. Congrats on bagging another FINE set of drums.

GeeDeeEmm

RickP

Gold Member
Purchased this yesterday - Sonor SQ2 Heavy Beech shell 7 x 14” with Hella Hoops . Pretty stoked to receive this .

Attachments