What's your latest purchase?

dwsabianguy

A week ago my dad decided he needed to buy me a real gong in order to meet some sort of airline miles credit card spending quota. So we ended up with a 38” Paiste Symphonic Gong. No he’s not a musician, but we did build the stand together! And wow, this thing is truly spectacular. Never heard anything like it. So many colors!

Attachments

Last edited:

wildbill

Platinum Member
Ibanez Mikro short scaled bass for my short scaled wife. Wanted to get her the purple, they only had blue. I'll probably play it as much if not more than her....
I've had a couple Mikros. They sound great. Big sound from a small bass.
Just a little too cramped, size-wise for me though.

Armor of Light

A week ago my dad decided he needed to buy me a real gong in order to meet some sort of airline miles credit card spending quota. So we ended up with a 38” Paiste Symphonic Gong. No he’s not a musician, but we did build the stand together! And wow, this thing is truly spectacular. Never heard anything like it. So many colors!
"Needed to buy me a real gong"...CLASSIC! I'm uber-jealous.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I've had a couple Mikros. They sound great. Big sound from a small bass.
Just a little too cramped, size-wise for me though.
Glad to hear this. My short scale choices were limited. A few were too expensive, some seemed cheap. The Mikro seemed to be in the Goldilocks zone so I bought it.

My wife has small hands, she is 5'-3". I think it will be just fine for her. I bought her a pistol once, a Steyr M9-A1. It was too big. She doesn't have it anymore. She likes the bass so far. She even told me where on the wall to hang it. I think it's gonna stay.

wraub

I just got a new throne... it's a Gibraltar base with a Roc n Soc cloth top moto seat, it's heavy duty as I'd ever need, it's comfy, and I got a really insanely good deal on it, I think. :D

EDIT: I have gone through several cheap drum seats, and have always sacrificed comfort for function... I always read about and see how good posture aids performance on the drums, and I always try to have good posture when playing, but didn't realize how far off I actually was.
This seat, and the comfort and stability it gives really aid to proper posture, for me, and is comfortable in ways I didn't think possible. :D
Also, I was beginning to think my drums were too big for me, or just poorly set up. but everything "fits" now.
Apparently, not inexpensive new, and not light weight, but I got a deal and mine will sit behind the kit and be welcome there. It won't be moved much, hopefully.

Last edited: