What's your latest purchase?

Meter man

I also found this Supra last week. Sure it's pitted and there's some rust on the top hoop and lots of rim cheese and dark grey dust bunnies, however, most of the chrome is there, the throw off works great and there are no signs of it being dropped or dented. It also has original heads, top and bottom and, I was shocked to find the original snare wires, in perfect undamaged shape, still held on with the original strings. Given that this is an early 70's model, I thought it was cool to find a drum that was put together before I was born and has retained every single part that it left the factory with. I haven't done anything to clean it yet. Here's the latest find:
Lol! There's gotta be a better word than "rim cheese".

donzo74

Lol! There's gotta be a better word than "rim cheese".
Right?! Cracks me up, too! It sounds so dirty, and it is, just not how you think, lol!

So, I did take it apart today. It was cheesed and there was even an old, dead, crustyLM400-2-1.jpgLM400-2-2.jpg spider but I was so wrong about it's condition! It is not pitted or rusted, AT ALL. I used Nevr-Dull and the shell and rims are all like new once again!! It truly is a time capsule find.

The best part...I won't mention where I found this because I don't want to embarrass anyone but, some kid put the wrong price on the tag. They must have thought it was a student model or it was too cheesed or something. I don't know, but I picked it up and kept it under my arm until it was time to check out. I don't even want to say how much I paid for this, so I'll give it to you in a riddle. I paid for this drum the same amount that Mary won for winning the wet t-shirt contest in Joe's Garage.

danondrums

I don't even want to say how much I paid for this, so I'll give it to you in a riddle. I paid for this drum the same amount that Mary won for winning the wet t-shirt contest in Joe's Garage.
looks to me like something funny is going on around here...

donzo74

looks to me like something funny is going on around here.
Right place at the right time...and I've just been around drums long enough to know more about most of the used products than the kids that take them in and price them at the big box stores. The look on the manager's face was priceless because he knew exactly what it was and what had happened when he flipped the tag over but I'm a frequent flyer up there, so we all just had a good laugh. They've made a mint off of me, so they had no problem letting that slide and they took it like champs. Great folks! We even caught the guy as he was coming back from lunch and had a chance to educate him.

alparrott

Platinum Member
Gonna try out a few pairs of the Vic Firth Freestyle. I've loved playing the X5A/X55A/X5Bs but these felt really great when I gave them a little go in the store. Time will tell.

danondrums

Right place at the right time...and I've just been around drums long enough to know more about most of the used products than the kids that take them in and price them at the big box stores. The look on the manager's face was priceless because he knew exactly what it was and what had happened when he flipped the tag over but I'm a frequent flyer up there, so we all just had a good laugh. They've made a mint off of me, so they had no problem letting that slide and they took it like champs. Great folks! We even caught the guy as he was coming back from lunch and had a chance to educate him.
The correct reply was supposed to be:
"People laughing and dancing and paying entirely too much for their beer."

:(

12" Vater single sided practice pad. Whats nice is was marked 24.99 the salesman and I were talking about the pad he pulled off the rack for me and i liked it. I went to pay it wrang up like $40 something dollars. I said yo that’s not what it’s was marked at. I said not for nothing you should honor that price of $24.99 he called the store manager over and without hesitation he said “ Your absolutely correct and we will honor it “ it was a great score for the price.

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
Three more 7" Moongel pads and Evans pad stands.

I might even get more of them to be able to practice movement on this surface and just have them everywhere. Very easily transportble package, though.

Last edited:

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

grabbed a used Pearl HH stand to replace the 1955 Speed King HH stand I am using with my 1955 Ludwigs. I don't want that old stand to get trashed. The drums will be fine though!