What's your favourite metal/ rock beat?

huangmi

Hi everyone, I just want to know which song do you reckon has the best beat for metal & rock. My favourite metal beat is the beat from Megadeth's song called holy wars .... The punishment due. For rock beat is probably Californication by red cold chilli peppers

For metal probably Paschendale by Iron Maiden or Jesus Christ Pose by Soundgarden. For rock either Tom Sawyer by Rush or Spoonman by Soundgarden.

Another One Bites the Dust. Followed closely by "Billie Jean".

ROCK

I absolutely love playing Learn to Fly by the Foo Fighter's. Such a great beat and the fills compliment the song perfectly.

METAL

My favourite drumming intro is perhaps 6:00 by Dream Theater. That running fill on the octobans into that groove is killer. But favourite beat that is the staple part of a song, can't beat War Pigs by Black Sabbath.

Chad Smith's 6/8 triplet fill groove in 'Breaking the girl'. So much fun and flows so well with the song

For metal, it't nothing to hard to play but the sixteenth not triplet part in Metallica's "One".

For rock, I would say Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Since RHCP has been brought up several times, I love the groove in Suck My Kiss. I've never played it in a live setting (I think the bass players are afraid to tackle anything by Flea), but I love playing along to it.

Pretty tough one.

For straight up rock, it's prob gotta be something chad smith does. Also really dig 'the box' by AIC.

For metal I just don't get off on the generic double bass stuff anymore.. I love the syncopated/compound stuff Morgan Agren, Tomas Haake and Matt Halpern play.

For progressive rock, Virgil.

boom boom bap

Speed varies.

Peace and goodwill.

Back