What's your favorite "Blues" song?

I can't do the favorites thing. It's an impossible question for me.

It has to have emotion though, like Freddy King does here
All the best blues guitarists make but ugly faces...emotion is exactly that which causes beautiful people to throw down their guard and let their feelings flow through the music. Ugly = beautiful

Led Zeppelin: Tea For One. Great great great blues song. When I do listen to it, I never listen just once. It's like I learn something each time I hear it.
Amazing.

Is it me? I could not watch that lip synch of 'Wolf. I don't care what kind of bad ass the actor is, nobody can hold a candle to Howlin' Wolf. He scares the devil

Is it me? I could not watch that lip synch of 'Wolf. I don't care what kind of bad ass the actor is, nobody can hold a candle to Howlin' Wolf. He scares the devil

Agreed, but posted because I just watched it and it’s a great tune ??

Edit: didn’t seem the case in the move ?. Maybe a YouTube or a poster thing where he added the track to the vid
( a syncing thing ??‍♂️)

Last edited:
How this hasn't found it's way onto this thread I'll never understand.
The Original
A great cover

My favourite is currently “I’ve been doing fine” by Toronzo Cannon from Chicago.

Not an old classic blues song, but really entertaining lyrics with a twist. He doesn’t want her to move back home because “Since you gone woman, I’ve been doin’ fine.”

yeoman-like bass player only plays one extra note in the whole piece, drummer and keys handle dynamic ebb and flow, nice

Every forum has its awkward barsteward ...
so here is one of the most sublime recordings of the 80s - and any decade come to that. Don't know it? Treat yourself:
The BLUE Nile -

Man, the songs you listed ain't no real blues. You have gotta listen to some old Delmark or Alligator label blues recorded by the dudes who came from The Delta. Then come back and talk about The Blues.

Countless songs with 'Blues' in the title, many have been covered numerous times by different artists.

Here are some of my favourites in no particular order:

Deacon Blues - Steely Dan
Travelling Riverside Blues - Zeppelin
Summertime Blues - Eddie Cochran
Bell Bottom Blues - Derek & the Dominos
Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash
Georgia Blues - Jimi Hendrix

What are some of your favourites?

Back