What's your favorite "Blues" song?

SomeBadDrummer

I'm not sure which of the two I like more, the slow one or the fast one.
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose. Just pick one...haha

SomeBadDrummer

This thread is simply a test to see who reads the content of the thread vs who only reads the title.
Actually, it is a great way to get a full understanding of those who choose to participate and whether they can 1.) understand the question; 2.) answer it intelligently with a proper response;
EDIT: or 3.) submit whatever first pops into the head.

I am OK with either, anyway this particular thread is just for fun 😃.

carry on

Last edited:

SomeBadDrummer

What a great question. The first thing I came up with is...generally speaking, Country is duple time and Blues is triplet time. Of course nothing is black and white but that is a major difference. Country has waltz time and Blues has the 2/4 train beat, so there's overlap. They are both story telling strains of music, chronicling the hardship as well as the good times. Also, generally speaking, when they first started out, Country music was the poor white man's music and Blues was the poor black man's music. It's just the way it was.
@larryace seems like a lot of the more 'bluesy' slow blues like Blue Jean Blues are more 6/8 than slow 3/4 but it's been a while since Ive studied it more than play it. Country people tend to clap on the 1 & 3 which is so damn wrong. Hee Haw was a s..t show for that, but fortunately I never watched it and actually hated it growing up.
I remember visiting my grandparents as a kid when they used to watch the Lawrence Welk show thinking "how can anyone endure this?" Lot's of polka and dancing. Wonder what it would seem like now lol.

SomeBadDrummer

felonious69

Didn't read through the whole thread, cuz
Done ran into my baby...finally found my old blue jeans.
RIP Dusty

Guilty as charged as far as my first post. I did read it though and all the responses. Would’ve posted a song with blues in title , either an actual blues song or not since blues in the title seemed the intended purpose of the thread , but after reading all the posts and responses, yours included , which didn’t correct anyone as to your intent , I figured maybe you wanted both 🤷🏻‍♂️.
So I’ll cover both here with ……
Johnny Winter …… Bad Girl Blues….

SomeBadDrummer

Guilty as charged as far as my first post. I did read it though and all the responses. Would’ve posted a song with blues in title , either an actual blues song or not since blues in the title seemed the intended purpose of the thread , but after reading all the posts and responses, yours included , which didn’t correct anyone as to your intent , I figured maybe you wanted both 🤷🏻‍♂️.
So I’ll cover both here with ……
Johnny Winter …… Bad Girl Blues….

Hey it’s all good, love Johnny Winter.

Love your profile picture btw, let’s never forget.

I understood that Blues should be in the song name, but seeing how the thread developed, I just went with some tunes that are a bit weirder. It's not Blues but "Blues". :whistle:
Actually, it's the other way 'round, right? "Solar," "Bags' Groove" and "Stolen Moments," at least, are blues but not "Blues." (Although "Stolen Moments" has a somewhat unorthodox structure, if I recall corectly.)