What's your "day" job?

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I find it curious that on a drumming forum, 99% of respondents don't get their money from drumming.

I don't think I'd like to be drumming full time. Too much of a good thing isn't a good thing anymore for me.

J-Boogie

Gold Member
I have an interest in a new and used furniture business. We buy and sell hotel furniture as well as new furniture. Would always rather be drumming!

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

I find it curious that on a drumming forum, 99% of respondents don't get their money from drumming.

I don't think I'd like to be drumming full time. Too much of a good thing isn't a good thing anymore for me.
I feel it is the same with any activity really...and an interesting observation

I play adult league hockey. I am willing to bet that 95% of the people in the world who play hockey don't make a living off of it.

I also wonder, on the flip side, how many people who make money off of a hobby, like skiing, or mountain biking, or tour guiding, get sick of those jobs that I look at as "dream jobs".

I alos love mountain biking. I always think: " man, those guys who do downhill mountain bike guiding are sooo lucky. They get to ride all day!!!"...they are probably really saying "man, I have to tow these old schlubs up and down these damned trails again today..."

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
I ponder the universe mostly and try to read and learn something new. I often play drums to music while I'm pondering about something-some of my best ideas come when I'm doing something else like gardening, drumming, swimming laps-though I forget my lap count just like my good ideas LOL.

Aboulger116

After 22 year as an operations manager in telecom, I left and now have two jobs. I'm a Realtor and I teach guitar lessons a couple of days a week.
Small world. I'm in telecom and also in California. Didn't know it was possible to leave the industry haha.