What's Your Band Name?

KamaK

Platinum Member
Due to to an unfortunate overstocking of the beer fridge and the calamities of democratic rule, we have currently adopted the name "My Ex Wife's Big Fat Ass". There's 6 members currently in MEBFA, and the number grows each month.

While the name is pretty immature and insensitive, I still manage appreciate the humor it brings. Hopefully it will be short lived.

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
My current bands are:

Brian Sisson
Rip Masters
Zero G Band (leader is a United pilot!)
Idle Hands
and of course Weird Al

I also sub with the Silver Beat, which includes 2 members of the Rolling Clones, one of the early Stones tribute bands from 30+ years ago. :)

Bermuda

eclipseownzu

Gold Member
I am in an alt-metal band called Stikpin.

Not sure where the name came from, it was already named when I showed up.

Morrisman

Platinum Member
A big show/cover band called 'Chesterfield Brass' which sometimes gets shortened to 'Chesterfield' or even 'Chesterfield Unplugged'.

Also 'Cool Rockin' Daddy' - 50's band.

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
I'm in a classic rock band called Bob's Garage. Our band leader is Bob, and we practice in his garage.

The second band is called The Bog Paddies. We play older country, western & rock.

I have a long standing warehouse band that is completely stagnant and on hiatus right now, but we'll get together once in awhile. We have no name. We used to be called OC Strain. It was originally just Strain, but there was a band with that name in Canada.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I'm in The Don Evans Band.

My first band was called Green Rye Telephone Bread. We were 15, so shut up lol.

Magenta

Platinum Member
The Singapore Slingbacks - "unusual" and sparkly versions of the usual covers repertoire.

The Goodnight Sweethearts - vintage-style jazz/swing.

Mood Indigo - blues/jazz/swing.

Juniper

Gold Member
Cook and The Case
Honestly Express Yourself (or HEY)
The Amber Bugs
Sometimes play with 'Bullets with Blue Eyes' too

DrumDoug

Country band called Smokehouse Reunion.
Classic rock band called Midnight Harvest
Blues band called The Charlie Wade Blues Band
I play every Sunday with New Hope Christian Fellowship.

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
I'm in a classic rock band called Bob's Garage. Our band leader is Bob, and we practice in his garage.
Similar naming scheme for an old band I was in. We were standing in the doorway of our rehearsal space, looking out into the area where the cars were parked, wondering about what to name the band. I said "how about Parking Lot?" BOOM!

The band later changed its name to Painting Over Picasso, and with leader John Lindland made a bit of a name for itself in Europe in the early '90s.

Bermuda

opentune

Platinum Member
Russell in the Bushes - classic rock
I have also subbed in the City Slickers - 50's60's

Last edited:

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
Similar naming scheme for an old band I was in. We were standing in the doorway of our rehearsal space, looking out into the area where the cars were parked, wondering about what to name the band. I said "how about Parking Lot?" BOOM!

The band later changed its name to Painting Over Picasso, and with leader John Lindland made a bit of a name for itself in Europe in the early '90s.

Bermuda
That's a cool story. I'll have to do something like that for my warehouse band if we ever get back together.

They were jamming in Bob's garage 8 years before I got there, now it's 10+ years. The name just fits perfectly.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
The Singapore Slingbacks - "unusual" and sparkly versions of the usual covers repertoire.

The Goodnight Sweethearts - vintage-style jazz/swing.

Mood Indigo - blues/jazz/swing.
Well look at you Missy! 3 bands! How nice that is to hear. I remember when you first showed up here...Now you're all growed up...sniff sniff. Doin' us proud.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
I'm in The Don Evans Band.

My first band was called Green Rye Telephone Bread. We were 15, so shut up lol.
Funny, on name alone, I'd be more inclined to check out the 2nd band than the 1st :)

Past band names - I've lost count, but ones personal to me that I actually "joined" rather than played for (80's):

Platform 1 - Jazz / rock 5 piece with sax
Pyjama Party - Female singer lead pop 4 piece
De Zootman Band - Hard edged Blues Brothers style act with attitude (epic fun)

Current:

Fired Up - classic rock covers
+ a small selection of solo recording acts.