What's with The Who?

Hmm, wonder whats up wit dat...

Good recognition of Moon's contribution already, but I'll add an observation that the rim shot at 2:30 in I Can See For Miles is pure perfection to me.

+10000^ This.Bull ,do you mind if I steal this? That it a perfect summary,of their effect on me.From when I first heard "Substitute" in the 60's ,till "Real Good Looking Boy",and everything in between

.If I'm feeling crappy,even as much as I love the Beatles,...I'll play " Won't Get Fooled Again",full volume,and,then,all's right with the world.Thanks for that.:)

Steve B

Feel free. :)

I'm a bit biased, because I discovered The Who on the TV show, Shindig, in 1965, while very much a young teenager. It was a promo film clip of "I Can't Explain."

What a coincidence! I saw that very same show when I was twelve and that's how I, too, discovered the Who, and I, too, was blown away, by the band, the song and especially Keith Moon's drumming. Isn't that something.

If Ringo got lucky to be picked by Lennon/Paul and George, then didn't Bonham get lucky to get picked by Page/Plant and Jones and for that matter didn't Plant get real lucky to be picked by Jimmy and Jones.

Luck or fate or whatever is all a part of the game, but even if they all got lucky they had to deliver in the end.

Ringo delivered perfect timing, playing for the music and probably keeping the band together as the enormous egos of Lennon and Paul fought to destroy it all.

I do not need to say much about Bonham or Plant, they both delivered. If they had not been able to, do you think Jimmy would have kept them, because make no mistake it was Jimmy's band.

If Ringo got lucky to be picked by Lennon/Paul and George, then didn't Bonham get lucky to get picked by Page/Plant and Jones and for that matter didn't Plant get real lucky to be picked by Jimmy and Jones.

Luck or fate or whatever is all a part of the game, but even if they all got lucky they had to deliver in the end.

Ringo delivered perfect timing, playing for the music and probably keeping the band together as the enormous egos of Lennon and Paul fought to destroy it all.

I do not need to say much about Bonham or Plant, they both delivered. If they had not been able to, do you think Jimmy would have kept them, because make no mistake it was Jimmy's band.

I think the better bands go through a phase where they found a market then they have to find players that can play the part. Pink Floyd had to find someone that could sing and play guitar.

another lucky drummer is Charley Watts....the easiest job that he has..delivering simple drumming no so called theatrical complicated flashy chops , making millions with no stress? ... doesnt have to open his mouth during business meetings, no stress of getting fired, well respectful family man, doesnt have to worry about hitting the sweet spot/ pocket, cause he says the engineers would take care of those stuff., never released any so called instructional DVDs, toured around the globe several times......all with a 4 piece Gretch....

Back