What's the best room to talk about your gear :)

Arky

Platinum Member
Cool Chad - but that's how we know him ;-)
(Like that cool intro of his instructional video.)

Hey MAD - I can relate to the video. I'm using Vater (but also different) sticks in the bathroom on a regular basis... That's time well spent, haha. I have my Ludwig P4 pad permanently set up in the bathroom and having several regular handwork practice sessions a day. Can't imagine not doing so any more!

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Cool Chad - but that's how we know him ;-)
(Like that cool intro of his instructional video.)

Hey MAD - I can relate to the video. I'm using Vater (but also different) sticks in the bathroom on a regular basis... That's time well spent, haha. I have my Ludwig P4 pad permanently set up in the bathroom and having several regular handwork practice sessions a day. Can't imagine not doing so any more!
Arky - man, I'm in awe of your dedication to practice!

I only talk about gear in this room, or by email via the Guru site, or at exhibitions (ad infinitum)

Arky

Platinum Member
Andy, no need for admiration. To me it's more of a common sense/utilizing time thing. You folks out there are already great drummers - I have to catch up and years of practice ahead of me. So why make this process longer than it could be, applying some 'tricks'?

We all have that practice time several times a day, don't we?
Really, once you've gotten used to using those time chunks for hand practice it's actually hard to not do this, there would be a feeling of lacking something. Also - and I think this is another important consideratin - it really helps to get some break time from one's regular work. (I'm working at home and often times when there's quite some stress going on those bedroom sessions are perfect to relax and free one's mind. It's like having mini vacations, several times a day.) Absolutely try this.

Here's a pic from the s(*)itting perspective, haha. (Depicted are my favourite sticks ATM - Pro Mark Todd Sucherman signatures - but I do have a pair of Vater Derek Roddy signatures for those bathroom sessions, too.)

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
Hey MAD - I can relate to the video. I'm using Vater (but also different) sticks in the bathroom on a regular basis...
Lol, Chad would be proud of you :)

No, no practice in this room for me I'm afraid, if anything, it's the chosen room to read my drum magazines :)