What's on your "wishlist"?

Jonathan Curtis

Silver Member
For me, it's this:

7.5mm thick solid maple shell. gorgeous glossy wood finish. The tone and responsiveness of this... *Homer Simpson drool*.

Just need to decide whether to get the 5" or 6.5" depth, but at £1,200, it ain't cheap.

What yours?

I have some fantastic gear, but I would love to own a Black Beauty (14 x 6.5).

I have exactly the drums I want, and I have more good cymbals than I want to use at any one time. So I really do not have a drum set wish list. Peace and goodwill.

• 12” side snare (like the Tama SLP oak) with adjustable Pearl S1030 stand;
  • New bass pedal....selling DW 9000 for either Yamaha or Tama pedal;
  • 15 or 16” high hats. Like to try some Istanbuls;
  • My new Pearl Decades in cobalt blue. Not sure this counts as they are already ordered and paid for.
I’ve just switched to the Tama Iron Cobra 900 Power Glide...a stunning pedal! (y) :D

To live long, healthy and prosper with more family and friends. Get to play drums in public instead of playing with myself. I added a 10 in tom to my Pearl Decade maple 13/16/24 and now I wish I had added an 18 in floor tom-so hmmmmmmm. Maybe I do have a wish list-I did have a hankering for a bop kit and a Gretsch but I passed that GAS.
Dang Ronzo you still haven't received your Pearl Decade in Cobalt blue? What kit sizes did you order?

10” Noble and Cooley CD Maples Tom in honey maple gloss lacquer - just ordered it and paid the downpayment

Last edited:
I am still looking at something with a Gretsch badge. It won't be USA Customs or a Brooklyn or anything of that ilk, those are out of my spending comfort range.
If I had the money, I'd love to pick up the Maple/Walnut Catalina limited edition.

No sir.
When I ordered I was told 6 months to get the shells in Canada. I was hoping it would be quicker but I am approaching the 3 month mark. I ordered 24/16/13/10 with virgin bass.
You had to mention that 18” floor tom eh?;):LOL:
That 24 in kick is going to blow you away. It comes with a ported head because a solid head would probably blow out from the huge gush of air moving LOL. The low mass and relatively thin maple really sings too. I’ve tuned both 10 and 13 in toms to a large range using my pitch phone app and sound great- the 16 in doesn’t have as big a range -sounds better mid to low range. I don’t know why they aren’t more popular - my guess Asian rather than North American maple but these sound like maple drums to my ear. I’d love to mic my kit up rather than single mic Zoom. I bet it would sound awesome.

I definitely have my eye (or ear) on a Gretsch hammered chrome over brass snare. And although I love my Zildjian As, I have a constant, and growing hankering, to join the dark side; either K Customs, K Sweets or the Sabian Legacy Pack. I’m also going trade my Hardcases for some Protection Racket bags. Other than that, I’m all good.

Gear-wise, I'm good to go. My wish is to get into some kind of project(s) this year, whether playing live, recording or a decent jamming situation. The place I work is installing a stage, so I hope to start meeting other players soon.

Back