What's in Your Bag?

Although my setup got bigger over the years, my stickbag scaled down haha. Not using other sticks, hotrods or brushes at the moment.
I use a Vic Firth Essential Stick Bag which hold 4-5 pairs of sticks. I 'mount' it on my snare so i have easy access to it from both sides.
Since i switched to 2B's this year i have 3 pairs in my bag; 2 reserve and one pair that i use.
Oh and a drumkey is in it as well.

Since I am just starting on drums, I only have sticks, no mallets or brushes yet.

3 pair Trilock Gurutu Zildjian sticks
2 pair Trilock Rock sticks
2 pair Zildjian 5a dip sticks
2 pair Promark 747 hickory
2 drum keys
metronome

my drum set bag (old black and yellow Drumslinger) has:

Vic Firth 3A's
Jeff Hamilton brushes
old Vater Acousticks

concert band/community band bag (big ol' Innovative Percussion) has:
a ton of Innovative Percussion keyboard mallets
old Black Swamp bamboo shaft tympani mallets of all weights
Zildjian Steve Houghton brushes with the puffy thing on the end for cymbal rolls
Cooperman Graham C John's snare sticks
Innovative Percussion Lalo Davila snare sticks

A variety of VF Jazzsticks (Some thicker, some thinner, wood and nylon-tips), two pairs of RegalTip Brushes, Rohema Mallets, Regal Tip Rods, Tama Drumkey, Sizzlechain, Moongels, inears and earplugs.

I have about 20 pairs of sticks, and no stick bag.

I have looked, and am undecided.

Vic Firth 5A's, but only because I wanted something besides my stock Alesis sticks, I'm not yet familiar with the pros/cons of other brands, and consumer reviews made them sound the most useful for beginners.

Five pairs of Vater Recording sticks
One pair of Promark brushes
Earplugs
Drum key
Metronome
Pencil + eraser

I need a stick bag, but on my shelf next to the kit I have two keys, 2 pair of 5A sticks, a pair of bamboo brushes, a roll of duct tape and a package of jelly style dampeners (there about the size of 1/2 dollars) and a Metronome.

Last edited:
Couple pair of Vinnies (Zildjian) 2 pair Vic Firth 5B..Evans torque key Sonor key..Evans magnet etc. A pencil..bag of plastic things that you put on the rods preventing snare detuning. felts..snare string as well as plastic straps...two premier memory locks..plastic cymbal sleeves..Vic Firth pull out brushes and maybe a peanut M&M.

That must be a big stick bag you have Larry Ace.

Get one of these Protection Racket ‘ergo handle’ deluxe stick bags mate:
View attachment 108425
I’ve got around 20 pairs of VF STL’s, 4 or 5 drum keys, snare straps/chord, bass drum felt strap, kick pads, 3 french hens and a partridge in a pear tree in mine… :unsure: 😂(y)
What, no maids a milking? pfft, not enough bag then.

Church bag:
Vic Firth SD-4 combos (5x pair)
Vic Firth Legacy Brushes
Vic Firth Gadd Brushes (the angled ones)
Vic Firth T1 Mallets
Vic Firth SD2 Boleros
Pro Mark Broomsticks (large)

Everything else bag/band :
ProMark Carter Mclean sticks (3x pairs)
Vic Firth Barrel 5a (2x)
Vic Firth Barrel 5b (2x)
Vic Firth NE-1s (3x pair)

Too much.

Zildjian Anti Vibe 5As......several pairs
A number of lighter sticks with both wood tips and nylon
2 pair old Dave Weckl Vic Firths (burgundy version)
Brushes
3 pair of various "Rods"
Moon Gels
HiHat Clutch
Washers
Tension Rods
Snare strings
2 keys
Medical tape
Ibuprofen
Various earpluds
adapters for various plugs for IEMs
rubber ear pluggy end things for my cheaper IEMs
Cymbal felts
Drummer Emergency kit (felts and assorted "oh shit" items)
1 .380 auto cartridge with silver bullet,,,,,,,in case someone calls off jazz standards I can kill myself (I can only die with a silver bullet, you know why)

Last edited:
Since I don't have to carry my bag anywhere I just put my brand-new sticks in there.
3 pairs Vic Firth 7A American Classic
1 pair of Vic Firth 5A

Then right aside of me when I'm drumming I have a pair of Vater 7A and Vic Firth 7A (2 pairs of my favorite sticks).

Drummer_D

Back