What's a good music player to run though mixing board

bud7h4

Silver Member
I just need a basic player for playing along to music at home. Something like Ipod is overkill for me, I don't even need internet. But I do obviously need quality sound and strong output.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
If your mixing board has RCA jacks, you can plug anything that plays music into it. One of the sound test machines at work is nothing more than a DVD player and power amp. It powers all the cabinets we test, even the most powerful of subs.

Like the others, I use my phone.

lefty2

Platinum Member
I use my phone also. It still has an 1/8 inch headphone jack. Also my laptop has a headphone jack. I plug them into my stereo in my practice room, or actually wear headphones. There are still MP-3 players out there I think. They should be cheap now days.

Steady Freddy

Pioneer Member
I my I phone. With I tunes you can access a huge music library. Hosa makes a wide variety of cables that will connect your device to your board.

alparrott

Platinum Member
I like Google Play Music because it syncs all my music in the chosen directories on my main desktop to the cloud. This means my practice playlists are available anywhere I can log in - my phone, my tablet, my laptop, any desktop in the house.

I tend to plug in a laptop, tablet or phone to a 1/8" to RCA cable on my mixer that also does my in-ear and close-micing mix. I adjust individual volume from there.

A phone with some good isolating earbuds can accomodate most players, and that's my fallback, but I can endorse Google Play Music for a great portable music player.

bud7h4

Silver Member
I really just need an mp3 player. I have no use for access to music online. I download or rip music to my pc first, then edit it in audacity to add a count-in click to each song.

I have found several $30-60 mp3 players. Some have 60-70 hours of play time per charge thanks to their simplicity.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I really just need an mp3 player. I have no use for access to music online. I download or rip music to my pc first, then edit it in audacity to add a count-in click to each song.

I have found several $30-60 mp3 players. Some have 60-70 hours of play time per charge thanks to their simplicity.
I have this one, but red. It's fantastic. A bit more than others, but the thing is great. I got a rubber cover for it as I take it to work. It's been dropped a bunch and sat on, still works like new. It's maybe 2 years old.

https://express.google.com/u/0/product/11605316708925801133_8076037130414965727_1276504?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=tu_prop&utm_content=eid-lsjeuxoeqt&gtim=CKboup7NpoDV0wEQo6-qu_zc1uDPARiwg-EjIgNVU0Qo8Nb35gUw2PRN&utm_campaign=1276504&gclid=CjwKCAjw2cTmBRAVEiwA8YMgzd-XqHVsAVaPacXTX23eNLNFkzm-mbTIPF9TeVCFIbwL_5GuwyNX9RoC9l4QAvD_BwE

bud7h4

Silver Member
That's probably the best looking one I've seen yet, thanks!