What's a drum technique about?

jay.supersaiyan

hello guys, i m jay

since many days i m working on fingure control n i noticed that "when u r playing @ 180+ tempo u start using fingures". n i agreed

now after 2 days i came accross different hand techniques (gladstone\push pull) now it does the same thing as fingures do that it helps in playing at speedy tempos.

my question is why we need to learn this techniques n what are its benifits. pls help

thanks in advance :)

SEVNT7

Re: whats a drum technique about?

Please stop using "TEXT" verbiage. This is not a cell phone

Look up the teachings of Jim Chapin, JoeMorello, Steve Smith and Jojo Mayer

jay.supersaiyan

thanks sevnt7 for your valuable reply..

but i cant hold my curiosity to get a quick nice and easy definition about hand/drum technique so pls in a bit detail can you xplain it to me ..

A

Anthony Amodeo

technique is overrated

get yourself a couple Louisville Sluggers and some goggles and go to town

Bradastronaut

Every techniques better for different purposes, you cant really summarize technique. You might use french grip for lighter playing with more finesse, and switch to german for more power and speed! Good technique is required to get ideas from your head to the kit :)

dont listen to these guys jay, your text is annoying but who cares, technique is the foundation of the entire instrument and should not be taken lighty!

jay.supersaiyan

thanks drumerjunkie and bradastone..

now correct me if i m wrong abt techniques that "its a style of playing which is used for different purposes which helps us in xecuting things easily"

alright then with my fingure control going on i m definately going to try drum techniques..

thanks that was satisfying and motivatiing answer..

shadowlorde

1984 by george orwell is beginning .. soon there will be no real text ..

it doubleplus good u want learn technique. It all physics nothing more

BillBachman

Gold Member

Pretty much every technique has its application/advantage. Learn them all and then your body will defer to the appropriate technique at the appropriate time. Once all of the options are programmed, the technical path of least resistance becomes automatic.