What you wear on your feet.

S

sufc.loyal

Played the other night in a pub.

Normally i wear, like flat souled tennis shoes (not to much grip), my foot slids up and down the kick pedal nicely, for a double tap.

The night i played, i used some different shoes, ones with lots of grip, and my foot would not slide, could not get the double tap, scewed me up, till i spat some water on the pedal.

Then it was like playing on ice, but i have got used to playing in those shoes, and my foot technice, is to slide.

I sometimes like to play bear foot, but it does wear my foot out.

Has anyone else had simialer problems, or can you play in what ever, or do you rely on certain footwear.

I always play my best in these!

Attachments

• bunny_slippers.jpg
    bunny_slippers.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 899
I like to wear boat deck shoes or a black walking athletic shoe that doesn't look like a sneaker. I also play in socks often at gigs.

well i got a pair of climbing shoes to play the drums, intersting stick, but to be honest ive not given them much of a go

Attachments

• rock-climbing-shoes3.jpg
    rock-climbing-shoes3.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 1,049
Converse_all-stars.jpg

Hi or low top, doesn't matter. Or in socks/barefeet. Nothing else that I've tried feels right on the kick pedal.

Hi or low top, doesn't matter. Or in socks/barefeet. Nothing else that I've tried feels right on the kick pedal.

I loved Converse as a kid. I've heard those are good for playing drums. I wonder, is it the lighter the shoe the less your foot will move up or down? I have a "foot going up the pedal" problem. I wear pretty heavy shoes. They are Rockport World Walking Shoes. I have severe flat feet which require me to wear rigid orthotics in them. The only problem with Converse is that they don't have the shoes available in Wide, not that I know of anyway.

Seems about right.

I imagine from wearing that sort of shoe in the past, (maybe not the bunny slippers LOL), that the soul, ehm sole, of those shoes is very simialer to my current shoes.

I loved Converse as a kid. I've heard those are good for playing drums. I wonder, is it the lighter the shoe the less your foot will move up or down? I have a "foot going up the pedal" problem. I wear pretty heavy shoes. They are Rockport World Walking Shoes. I have severe flat feet which require me to wear rigid orthotics in them. The only problem with Converse is that they don't have the shoes available in Wide, not that I know of anyway.

Sorry to say this but i don't think converse would look right as wide shoes anyway, i thought the idea of their design was that sort of slim shape?

I used to wear slippers but now i realise i'm much better off doing doubles (heel-toe in my case, not very "metal" i know but it's what feels best for me) just wearing socks, even if my toes smart after a while from whacking my foot up to the sprocket when i lift off.

I like to take the shoes off in the studio when I'm tracking music that isn't high-energy...helps me 'relax'.

Otherwise, I prefer Vans. I do some gigs that require dress shoes; for those I found a style made by Aldo that have a flat sole and don't have an extended front (as many cool dress shoes have these days).

I prefer to wear shoes when the music is high-energy..the support helps me when I need to really whail and bury that beater. ;-)

I recommend you find shoes you're comfortable wearing and stick to them. One of the keys to consistency is finding out what works for you on the drums and sticking to it. Don't change anything unless you have a chance to try it out in the practice room first.

I'm comfortable playing in my everyday shoes, which are skate-type sneakers. I also love playing in my cold/wet weather shoes, which are these (made by Ecco):

Ecco-2886400201-Receptor%20Rugged%20Terrain-1-l.jpg
:

Though looking somewhat bulky, they are light and the back is pretty low, so they don't restrict the range of movement of the ankle necessary for playing.

Barefoot (or rather socks only) feels good too, but shoes are simply more practical and I also feel I get more power playing in them.

Lovely; just what I have been looking for. I think I will upgrade to some of those from my current pair of shoes.

GJS
I like those! If you put some light oil on the curled tips, you can keep your pedal chains lubed!

dear

concrete pete, ive sent you a pm so that no-one else can gain sacred infermation

I have worn everything from combat boots to bare feet, and don't find any particular issues with anything that allows my ankle to flex freely. But if you have comfortable shoes that allow you to play the way you like, buy a few pairs and replace as needed.

I wear Asics tennis shoes, they are comfortable, but I should probably try some flatter shoes to see if they slide more, I have been having troube with my flutterkicks (Heel-toe).

Back