What would you spend the Powerball money on if you won?

I'm buying Neverland ranch and firing up all those rides again.

Or maybe I'll just get my move on in front of the mirror.

Set up the parents for a really nice retirement.
Donate to the band program for the high school I graduated from.
Set up a music facility. Record store, studio, instrument shop, venue, rehearsal rooms, label, all in the same compound. Not gonna have to worry about making a profit.
Spend a lot of time figuring out how to live as an ultra rich person while trying to maintain a lifestyle I understand.
I'd likely invest a lot in sustainable energy research.

Travel the world when I feel like it. Play music when I want and on my own terms. Never set an alarm clock again.

I would retire from work, travel the world and visit all my drummer friends, I'll take them to dinner and have a nice time, we'll play some drum duets too :)

With so many of you, it would take quite a while, lol, a few years maybe?

Larry!!! Buddy! How ya doin'?

Didn't you once tell Andy to bill me for the latest Guru set and ship it to your house? That was you right? :)

My list so far

Watso
Andy
Caddy
Henri

Didn't you once tell Andy to bill me for the latest Guru set and ship it to your house? That was you right? :)

My list so far

Watso
Andy
Caddy
Henri

Did I do that? :)
It was so I could polish them for you.

My list so far

Watso
Andy
Caddy
Henri

I think you said that since I was like family, I was on the 5-10 million dollar list.

If you divide 1.3 billion by 330 million (population of the USA), you'll get 3.9 million for every citizen of the USA. That's just crazy money.

I'm probably going to get taken out by an assassin for bringing this up, but can you imagine the pandemonium if some billionaire decided to give literally everyone one million dollars?
hqdefault.jpg

I'm probably going to get taken out by an assassin for bringing this up, but can you imagine the pandemonium if some billionaire decided to give literally everyone one million dollars?
hqdefault.jpg

I idiotically posted this without checking the math. Duh.

That would be pandemonium. I remember a couple years ago some rich dude from the Bay Area was going around town putting caches of cash in various locations, then publicized the locations with little clues on Twitter. Huge crowds of people were out on the town doing these treasure hunts just for a couple hundred dollars. It was all over the news. Remeber that?

Did I do that? :)
It was so I could polish them for you.

You wanted to polish my drums behind my back?

Damn man, that's the nicest thing anyone has ever wanted to do for me!

Consider yourself on the list Mitch!

1. New house
  2. Recording studio in said house
  3. An annex on said house to hold all my sh!t.

"All my sh!t" to consist of, yes, lots and lots of drum gear. But there are other hobbies which must be indulged. :)

Really, the best part of it would be the ability to say, "I fancy some new cymbals, dear. Let's go to Istanbul and pick some out" without having to plan and save and slave.

Andy has the most thoughtful response, I think. I know I'm just being materialistic and crass.

Where's my soapbox-oh here it is. I've never bought a lottery ticket I just can't support them. Every time I go to a convenience store I see lines of impoverished people wasting their hard earned money on the naive hope of a win. So I can't win but if I won I'd have to give it all back to those who are disadvantaged and perhaps to disadvantaged friends and family. Maybe I'd keep less than 500k it would come in handy. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Heck who am I fooling it's like Gold Fever 500k would be just a taste of the "big pot". I don't want to win I'd probably lose my mind (it isn't a huge leap) and go from my happy go lucky altruistic self to greedy mean miser having spent none of it and die friendless with every single penny. That's just despicable and dang I don't want to spend my life friendless. I've learned you have to be careful for what you wish for, the road to hell really is paved with good intentions, and no good deed goes unpunished. So sure if I gave all my friends lots of money they'd probably initially love me but then grow to hate me with the discovery that the financial windfall has it's own problems and hasn't solved their problems-you read all these tragic stories of lottery winners. Hate to piss on everyones parade, but I just couldn't hold it anymore (I think it's my prostate?). Anyways "good luck" to those who are going for it, but you've got better odds of being struck by lightning — while drowning — than winning the Powerball drawing. Though given those choices I'd take the later. Sho me da money. I can almost see the little Angel on one shoulder (Artemus be a Robin Hood) and the little Devil on the other (Arturo ARRRRR more booty).

Several thousand acres in the prairie and build a large single story house with a basement, wide doors, wide halls, and large rooms, a nice wood stove in the basement, a huge gas cook stove and oven... And a hip roof.

Plant some nice cottonwood trees down by the 20 acre stocked pond...

and listen to the wind...

Where's my soapbox-oh here it is. I've never bought a lottery ticket I just can't support them. Every time I go to a convenience store I see lines of impoverished people wasting their hard earned money on the naive hope of a win. So I can't win but if I won I'd have to give it all back to those who are disadvantaged and perhaps to disadvantaged friends and family. Maybe I'd keep less than 500k it would come in handy. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Heck who am I fooling it's like Gold Fever 500k would be just a taste of the "big pot". I don't want to win I'd probably lose my mind (it isn't a huge leap) and go from my happy go lucky altruistic self to greedy mean miser having spent none of it and die friendless with every single penny. That's just despicable and dang I don't want to spend my life friendless. I've learned you have to be careful for what you wish for, the road to hell really is paved with good intentions, and no good deed goes unpunished. So sure if I gave all my friends lots of money they'd probably initially love me but then grow to hate me with the discovery that the financial windfall has it's own problems and hasn't solved their problems-you read all these tragic stories of lottery winners. Hate to piss on everyones parade, but I just couldn't hold it anymore (I think it's my prostate?). Anyways "good luck" to those who are going for it, but you've got better odds of being struck by lightning — while drowning — than winning the Powerball drawing. Though given those choices I'd take the later. Sho me da money. I can almost see the little Angel on one shoulder (Artemus be a Robin Hood) and the little Devil on the other (Arturo ARRRRR more booty).

Art I love ya man but you need to use the spacebar, you're killing me!

Considering a ticket is $2.00 and your chances are almost exactly none, you get to make up a bunch of scenarios and stories about what you would do with your winnings.

Now contrast that with buying a book of fiction. You get to pay probably more than $2.00 and your chances of winning the lottery is exactly none, and you also have to read someone else's stories of adventure that you didn't even get to make up on your own.

My new idea for my winnings is to put it all in a bitcoin wallet and hide it in an amplifier next to the speakers. Yup.

I'd renovate a grand hotel on the coast with a swanky ballroom to host the most swinging big-band I could find.

I'd buy new heads for all my drums...and a few bricks of sticks.

...and a few mountains...

California lotto officials tweeted almost immediately after that a winning ticket was sold in the state. Later, California Lottery spokesperson Russ Lopez said there were two more winning tickets sold, one in Tennessee and one in Florida.

The winning Powerball numbers were drawn Wednesday night: 8, 27, 34, 4, 19 and the Powerball of 10.

Back