What Would You Do? (Need Advice Here)

KamaK

Platinum Member
You are free to change vendors at any time.

The only issue is that you will not be getting your deposit back unless there was an agreed upon expiration.

When I ordered my GW, I put down a 50% deposit and said I was willing to wait for one year. At the one year mark, the order would be canceled and the deposit would turn into store credit. Luckily, the kit arrived a couple weeks before the order was set to be canceled and I was extremely pleased with the purchase.

OSDrums

The difference after tax is 200$, correct? I‘d not even think about taking all the hassle on me to jump to the other deal! I‘m also on the side where a agreed deal is agreed.

cbphoto

Gold Member
...the ambiguity behind the actual ship date (was supposed to be June originally) and the fact that I still have another month before the kit is supposedly supposed to arrive...
I’m guessing here but this sounds like a Tama deal. They’re notorious for long, ambiguous shipping dates.

...and the kit is in the actual finish and color I want.
To me, this is huge. With the other kit, you’d be settling, and may never really thoroughly enjoy it (yes, kit color/wrap is significant).

C.M. Jones

To me, this is huge. With the other kit, you’d be settling, and may never really thoroughly enjoy it (yes, kit color/wrap is significant).
I agree with that logic. Money loses its value when, for the sake of saving it, you have to compromise an important feature of the product you're getting. Another reason to stick with the original agreement.

Scottie15

I’m guessing here but this sounds like a Tama deal. They’re notorious for long, ambiguous shipping dates.

Correct on both points. And yes, finish on a kit is an important factor for sure. I definitely had my mind set on one specific finish.

cbphoto

Gold Member
Money loses its value when, for the sake of saving it, you have to compromise an important feature of the product you're getting.
This should be cast in stone and prominently placed at every music store. Or, at least, placed in an online header/banner on websites.

incrementalg

Gold Member
I’d stick with the original dealer and order...especially since it’s the finish you want. Having a dealer that’s great to work with adds value to the purchase, IMO.