What would my mates "Gretsch Taylor Hawkins Signature Snare Drum 14” x 6.5” be worth now?

Cmdr. Ross

Silver Member
Not as much as I'm sure he'd like it to be.
Now...if Taylor actually played on that one, then yeah, there's some value there.

mikyok

Platinum Member
Not much really. The problem with signature snares is that most of the time the artist themselves doesn't use them.

It's mostly a drum company using an endorsers name to charge more for a bang average snare.

Erberderber

I've got one of those. Never gave a thought of it being "worth" something. I didn't even buy it because it had his name on it. It was the best sounding snare I tried in the shop at that price point.

Seafroggys

Silver Member
Not much really. The problem with signature snares is that most of the time the artist themselves doesn't use them.

It's mostly a drum company using an endorsers name to charge more for a bang average snare.

I remember this big thing some time ago (10 years ago? Maybe less) that pretty much all the drum companies decided to collectively ditch a vast majority of their signature snares. There were just too many and the value of having a signature snare just wasn't there. Most of them were just rebadged as a generic label.