WHAT THE HECK???

yesdog

Silver Member
I have been playing drums 30 + years, I was practicing last night and I could not play my bass drum. My foot would not work, it was like my muscles were tensing up out of control.
I always stretch my arms and legs before playing, it makes me relaxed and loose before warming up. I played today and no problems with my feet. Anyone ever have this happen to them.

HipshotPercussion

When I was younger I never would've suggested this, but now - call your doctor. This could be nothing...or something. I recommend finding out, at the very least for your own peace of mind.

Why take chances?

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
My canine friend, it happens to me frequently, but at least I know the reason why. In your case, it's likely to be a partially trapped nerve or some other transient thing. As there was no discomfort, I'm thinking the chances of it being anything of concern are slim. That said, I agree with Hipshot. If in doubt, check it out.

Joe Morris

DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
Don't worry about it, sometimes to this day I sit behind my kit pick up my sticks and literally my brain goes "what are these" ?

lol

Joe

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
At least you weren't on a gig, right Scott?

If it only happened once in 30 years, I'd say you're doing OK.

On the other hand, it could be all downhill from here lol.

KIDDING!

I definitely get the bad days. Not that bad though TBH lol. Sorry.

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Its probably nothing.but if it happens again I would see a doctor.There have been times when I forgot how to play in the middle of a song.Just the other day I tried to unlock my front door with my car alarm remote...and I pressed it several times before I realized what I was doing.

Steve B

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I tried to unlock my front door with my car alarm remote...and I pressed it several times before I realized what I was doing.

Steve B
Ha ha similar experience here, I tried to open my front door of my house with my van key and my house started up!