What Recorded Snare Sound Do You Like?

Hewitt2

To be totally fair, my folks got a satellite dish in the early-to-mid 1990's. We didn't get MTV, but we did get MuchMusic. I devoured that show every chance I got. It introduced me to quite a few bands including OLP, Sloan, I Mother Earth, Big Wreck, and Great Big Sea. I loved these bands during this time period.
Another criminally underrated Canadian band that gave spawn to all of these great bands is the pursuit of happiness. Their debut love junk was produced by Todd Rundgren and is an 80s power pop masterpiece.

Poleaux

I really like Chris “Whipper” Layton’s snare sound on Stevie Ray Vaughan’s version of Little Wing. Also, the entire drum kit sound on Dire Straits’ Sultan of Swing is so snappy and fresh – Pick Withers is an underrated drummer IMO.

One snare sound that has always kind of been disturbing to me, is the electronic snare on Billy Squire’s The Stroke. Back when that song was released, I was not familiar with electronic drums and I couldn’t wrap my head around how they made that sound! Drove me nuts.

TJK

Check out Van Halen II. Ludwig Super Sensitive, with black dot. I love that one.
Yessssssssss, was just listening to that last night. Alex’s greatest performance, pure genius he is. Every bit as proficient on his instrument as his brother.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

I really like Chris “Whipper” Layton’s snare sound on Stevie Ray Vaughan’s version of Little Wing. Also, the entire drum kit sound on Dire Straits’ Sultan of Swing is so snappy and fresh – Pick Withers is an underrated drummer IMO.

One snare sound that has always kind of been disturbing to me, is the electronic snare on Billy Squire’s The Stroke. Back when that song was released, I was not familiar with electronic drums and I couldn’t wrap my head around how they made that sound! Drove me nuts.
I always thought the snare sound on The Stroke was a backwards reverbed snare....