What professional drummer's setup do you admire most?

Re: What profesional drummer's setup do u admire most?

for me its either john bonham or ginger baker or even mitch mitchells...

Tre Cool's!!!! but My setup is bigger he just has more cymbals

Hands down.......Carter Beauford's kit is unlike any other.

I second JoJo Mayer's setup. It just seems like it would be so much fun to groove on.

im a sucker for simple kits, b/c i love when some one can use a simple kit well, so with that said im gonna say travis barker's kit--on a second note he has some real creative acrylic kits with sick designes on them (ghetto blaser/famous BOH/cadilac symbol on bass drum)--just very stylish.... now if i was to go with a big kit player id have to say carter beauford.

The set up I admire the most belongs to Slim Jim Phantom, if you constantly gig and find yourself on the road a lot you would appreciate his setup.

cool thread, umm i would deffinetly have to go with Mitch Mitchells double bass setup at the Isle of Wight festival. i also like Steve Gadds six piece studio set.

I like Dennis Chambers kits

Carter Beauford, because every piece is suited exactly for his peculiar style of playing.

In the same vein, I'd say Bill Bruford, since his is setup exactly for his playing style.

Trilok Gurtu. Not my favorite exactly, but I appreciate his intension to cross percussive styles. On that note Airto's is pretty cool too.

Stu_Strib said:
In the same vein, I'd say Bill Bruford, since his is setup exactly for his playing style.

I'm with you there. Bruford has an excellent kit. Looks great. Makes sense. Sounds great. Big thumbs up.

For huge kits I'd pick Grant Collins and Terry Bozzio. For medium/large, probably Bruford, Thomas Haake, Danny Carey.. For small kits... well... how many ways are there to set up a small kit?

I love Matt Chamberlain's touring kit from his Tori Amos days, and Chris Pennie has quite a cool kit for his approach too.

I have a high resolution picture of Bill Bruford as my desktop background so I'll bet you can guess what I'm going to say here.

I also really, really dig Joe Morello's. I know it's your standard four piece job, but I just adore it and I adore his playing; effortless and timeless.

Back