What products have caused you to become a snob?

Ford builds crap, unless it was made before 1970.
I am a Ford factory trained technician.
The former two items are facts.
Kinda like doctors and nurses in the ER. When all you see all day is death and destruction, anything outside of solitary confinement looks like guaranteed death. So far as Ford building crap, I've been researching 3/4 ton trucks since before the chip shortage and neither maker looked good. Ford has a crap fuel system and absolutely everything requires removing the cab. GMs engines are a time bomb and so are Ram's transmissions. That said, owners will fight to the death that their truck is best.

I'm going with the brand that has the most old models running around. I sure see a crap ton of 10+ year old *** running around. Wait, weren't we talking about drums?

Kinda like doctors and nurses in the ER. When all you see all day is death and destruction, anything outside of solitary confinement looks like guaranteed death. So far as Ford building crap, I've been researching 3/4 ton trucks since before the chip shortage and neither maker looked good. Ford has a crap fuel system and absolutely everything requires removing the cab. GMs engines are a time bomb and so are Ram's transmissions. That said, owners will fight to the death that their truck is best.

I'm going with the brand that has the most old models running around. I sure see a crap ton of 10+ year old *** running around. Wait, weren't we talking about drums?
And the 2022 Tundra is limited to a 6-cylinder engine. 😭

Nissan with the Cummins.
Ford never should have abandoned the International, GM never should have abandoned Caterpillar.
The bottom line for the investors is all that matters anymore. Doesn't matter the industry.
Everything is disposable so quality doesn't matter as much.

Tundra was the most disappointing truck I've had.
Blew the head gaskets in the first 6 mo. Of course, it was covered under warranty, so it was mostly an inconvenience.
The tranny would hunt, and it overheated while I was on a trip while pulling a boat.
A fairly light aluminum boat, and I was going into a headwind too, but still.
Maybe I got a lemon, but I never trusted it and was glad to trade it in on a Tacoma.
The Tacoma was the best truck I've had. Change oil, and just normal maintenance items.
Never had a problem with it.

Last edited:
Anybody in this forum who pays over $1500 for a kit is considered a snob by the rabble. You don't have to self identify as one.

Also, I don't buy Toyotas 'cause it seems as if ISIS and the Taliban are always driving their shit.

Also, I don't buy Toyotas 'cause it seems as if ISIS and the Taliban are always driving their shit.

Isn't Toyota the most "american made" car by percentage of parts made in the USA?

Taliban is driving really old trucks and maybe older land cruisers. It isn't like they care getting their cars from a dealer or Toyota direct.

Talibans got Humvees and all kinds of good stuff now.
And this should (but won't) put an end to gun control debates. If we are willing to arm the enemy when we leave, those same m!@#$%f!@#$%^ who did that can shut up about the guns I have, the number of rounds they hold, and the mechanical operation of said guns. I'm not the enemy, they are. I legally bought my guns, they did not. I am not trying to kill other people, they are. Rant over.

I've never been a drum / cymbal snob, in fact, any classification of snob. We've all been on a gear journey based on our means & reference points, & we all settled somewhere based on the same criteria. I don't look down on those with any type of gear, but do giggle occasionally at misinformed setup choices.

What does boil my p^%$ however, is poor quality passed off as something superior. That's just ripping money out of the pockets of drummers, but I guess you can apply that to just about any product these days.

Snobbery is something I'm trying to remove from my mindset.

I'm not sure if it's an ownership of gear thing or a personality thing.

I could easily act like a snob with the drums I play, but I try to downplay it for that very reason. Snobbery is judging others. Not my place. I've done it and it's just wrong for me. My standards apply only to me. It's not my place to hold anyone to my standards which may be lower or higher than whoever I am comparing to.

Just like discretion is the better part of valor, humble-ness is the better part of owning coveted gear.
well said Larry, agreed ! i think snobbery is a personal choice ,not a personal purchase .

And this should (but won't) put an end to gun control debates. If we are willing to arm the enemy when we leave, those same m!@#$%f!@#$%^ who did that can shut up about the guns I have, the number of rounds they hold, and the mechanical operation of said guns. I'm not the enemy, they are. I legally bought my guns, they did not. I am not trying to kill other people, they are. Rant over.
Don’t you have 10 gauge wire you need to wrestle with? In the dark, dank crawl space littered with Brown Recluse spiders? That’s the rant I want to hear. ;)

Isn't Toyota the most "american made" car by percentage of parts made in the USA?

Taliban is driving really old trucks and maybe older land cruisers. It isn't like they care getting their cars from a dealer or Toyota direct.
Not entirely true, not from a dealer but buying 1500+ Helix trucks is not something that can be discounted, so I guess Toyota does support the Taliban...

Talibans got Humvees and all kinds of good stuff now.
yup, they went from what they could put together from old parts to the most sophisticated equipment on the planet, a seat at the UN and baskets of cash. What could possibly go wrong? On the bright side…there are no more mean tweets!

The US simply updated the weaponry from the last time we armed the Taliban. We left behind all kinds of weapons and missiles in the 80s when we bounced after the Mujahedeen pushed out the Soviets. This is simply version 2.0
No one has ever succeeded in Afghanistan. No one. It was doomed to fail from day 1, there was no real reason to be there. The only way the country wasn't going back to Taliban control was if the US was going to keep an occupying force there indefinitely.

I could fully explain the minute details, but it'll get me banned.

FWIW: Gun control and abortion debates are designed to keep the masses occupied while the 1% robs you blind.

Back