What looks better?

sumdrumguy

If there was a black/smoked chrome option, that would look bad ass.

I used an Aquarian Relector (black) as a reso on a 20" kick a few years back to get just that visual effect. We have a great light show, and the head often looked like a circular inifinity mirror. It worked for that project.

For this, Bo's beautiful Slingerlands, the Fibreskyn was my first thought aswell. Out of the two above, the white.

Last edited:

SharkSandwich

Traditional white looks the best to me. Now if it was a 1980s Tama Granstar or Artstar, the mirror head would fit. Honestly though, the kit is awesome and looks great with either :)

Last edited:

TK-421

9 times out of 10, I'd say white or Fiberskyn. Especially on something as classic/classy as those Slingys. But for some reason that Starfire head looks great on those drums!

force3005

Silver Member
Toss up between Chrome and Fiberskyn. Chrome for rock and high energy gigs and Fiber for Jazz, weddings and low volume ones.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
For Joe Beercan audience members, Starfire. They don't know Slingerland. Chrome and black are a favorite of mine

For the drummers and knowledgeable musicians, white.

For a mixed crowd, I'd go white so you don't put possibly off the musicians

No Way Jose

Silver Member
Chrome. It just looks cooler.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
For Joe Beercan audience members, Starfire. They don't know Slingerland. Chrome and black are a favorite of mine

For the drummers and knowledgeable musicians, white.

For a mixed crowd, I'd go white so you don't put possibly off the musicians
Why would I be concerned with the musicians? They’re too busy thinking people are looking at them!

SomeBadDrummer

I prefer to let the drum finish make the statement, and not the heads. So I vote for the plain white T-shirt.

Bozozoid

OK: I've already posted but this is a fun thread. I just sat and stared at the two options for 5 minutes!. Both look nice but I walk into a small bar in some small town to grab a beer and a fry..i see a disco ball over a small stage and this nice slingerland kit with the chrome head. I walk into a jazz club to get a scotch on the rocks and see this slingerland kit..its georgous..the bartender says Danny Seraphine is playing tonight with the funkiest brass band you've ever heard..thats the white head.