What kind of Scam is this?

M

Matt Bo Eder

Scam. I just tried to buy it and Amazon came back and said there was a problem with this order and gave me the option to buy from another vendor, which took me to a regular item description with a price for $649.

M

Matt Bo Eder

Yup, got the same message as Bo. Total scam to get attention, Amazon shouldn't allow this.
Of course, I didn't need them, but who could resist for $1? I'd gladly pay shipping up to $100. But alas, maybe not. If it was a Yamaha Club Custom in orange swirl, then.....

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I just clicked on the 22 inch bass drum...price 649., then back to the 20 inch, 649.00 Used

Superman

Gold Member
Of course, I didn't need them, but who could resist for $1? I'd gladly pay shipping up to $100. But alas, maybe not. If it was a Yamaha Club Custom in orange swirl, then.....
Oooooh I loved those orange swirl club customs. I almost bought a snare on clearance when they were discontinued and I didn't. Big regret.

M

Matt Bo Eder

Oooooh I loved those orange swirl club customs. I almost bought a snare on clearance when they were discontinued and I didn't. Big regret.
Pro Drum out here had an entire four piece set of those and I thought, "Oh Yamaha will be making those for a while". Big DOH! on my part.

But then, I really enjoy it when Steve Jordan plays them. I probably wouldn't be the same thing ;)

mmulcahy1

Platinum Member
I ran into the same problem when trying to place an order on these drums last night. I went as far as calling Amazon customer service. Gave them the URL, they searched, and could only find those that were listed at $649.00. The $1.00 drums were nonexistent.

Some sort of scam, indeed!!

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Both the 20 and the 22 now say 649.00 as they did last night if you clicked back and forth. Was an obvious mistake. Amazon has no need to scam anyone.

wildbill

Platinum Member
For anyone curious who didn't see the original link - it was for a Stage Custom set for $1.00, and it gave what looked like a person's email address to contact.

Now it says: "There are currently no listings for this search. Try a different refinement. "

wildbill

Platinum Member
Stop collecting stage customs, conservative bill.
Not only have I stopped, but they're almost all gone.

I've only got a 10 and 12 tom left, hobbled together with an 18" Saturn bass drum, and a 14" Birch Absolute floor tom.

Seems odd, but it's a nice sounding set. I call it my Morphan set. (modified orphans)

Don't know how I got to that listing, but I was scanning the 70% off area and ran across it.

RickP

Gold Member
I know someone that has an Orange Swirl CC snare for sale. Send me a PM if it you are interested.

Tommy_D

Platinum Member
There have been some people on another forum who have bought drum gear from 3rd party sellers on Amazon only to receive door mats and other crap. The 3rd party seller offers a return and refund, but a week later they get a purchase on their CC for $200+ for some random stuff. Its a scam to get your personal info CC numbers.

I dont recommend purchasing anything from unknown 3rd party sellers on Amazon.