What kind of drum stuff did you get for Christmas?

JesusMySavior

Silver Member
I had lots of music equipment on my wish list (Amazon, Music123, Musicians Friend) as in prior years I usually do not get what I'm looking for even if I mention them! Well this year it worked! Use a list, lol.

My wife bought me an Aquarian Super Kick 1 / Regulator combo (!!!), an MXL 910 Studio Microphone, some guitar strings, and some other various things.

I received some other great things from the rest of the family. Among them were a Tune Bot, a fusion 10,12,14 set of Remo Black Suedes, 10 pair of drum sticks, cymbal mallets, some audio adapters for my studio, extension cables, various accessories... and then on top of that I got $200 to spend on whatever, wife got $150, and I snagged a Best Buy card from a gift exchange that I used for some CDs and a new kick drum beater.

With the $200 (I was ordered to buy things for myself) I bought an Ibanez RG120 electric guitar (used), about 30 dvds from the pawn shop, and will be ordering some mic stands, cables, etc. This year was awesome! I came away like a bandit!!

My wife got about 20 gifts from me and for some reason everyone gave tons of gifts this year. Not complaining a bit. Was very nice and the vacation was great too.

What are your scores?

nirvanadrummer

What? Sweet man! How do you like it?
Its awesome! Pretty versatile, dry, very pingy, just a great all around ride. You can use it for jazz (well more like big band) or rock,but I prefer to keep it within the jazz spectrum, just because its vintage and I don't want to crack it.

T

The Old Hyde

I recieved on the 24th, just in time for xmas, my dw bass drum mounted cymbal arm for my ride cymbal. Also new heads for my retoration project 6,12,18 and 24 inch.

Bretton

Silver Member
most of the parts needed for my upcoming snare building project,
hoops, t-rods, heads, snare wires,

lugs are on order, as for the shell, I need to set up a time with my old high school shop teacher to try and melt down and cast this old artillery shell I have.

Drumolator

Platinum Member
I got two pairs of Vic Firth 55A drumsticks. I used money I got to order top and bottom heads and snare wires for my new Peace 14x6.5 snare. Peace and goodwill.

drummer-russ

Gold Member
18" XS20 Med Thin Crash
15" Zildjian A Crash
DW 4000 used double pedal
New headphones, sticks, and stick holder

That was fun!

MisterZero

I'll just mention the stuff that I got that relates to drumming. A 24" Zildjian bar stool for my man cave. I'm sitting on it right now....really.

P.S. 24 " is height in this case.....

j-ronimo

I didn't really recieve anything from others drumwise, but i did treat myself to some used goodies with a bit o' holiday bonus money and the help of the sales going on;

10x5 Pearl Maple popcorn snare, 20 Oriental Crash of doom, 18 K Dark Thin Crash, DW 5000 Double Pedal and a new Supraphonic snare. Gonna be a while before anything new comes rolling through my basement again!!

BigDinSD

Gold Member
I had lots of music equipment on my wish list (Amazon, Music123, Musicians Friend) as in prior years I usually do not get what I'm looking for even if I mention them! Well this year it worked! Use a list, lol.

My wife bought me an Aquarian Super Kick 1 / Regulator combo (!!!), an MXL 910 Studio Microphone, some guitar strings, and some other various things.

I received some other great things from the rest of the family. Among them were a Tune Bot, a fusion 10,12,14 set of Remo Black Suedes, 10 pair of drum sticks, cymbal mallets, some audio adapters for my studio, extension cables, various accessories... and then on top of that I got $200 to spend on whatever, wife got $150, and I snagged a Best Buy card from a gift exchange that I used for some CDs and a new kick drum beater.

With the $200 (I was ordered to buy things for myself) I bought an Ibanez RG120 electric guitar (used), about 30 dvds from the pawn shop, and will be ordering some mic stands, cables, etc. This year was awesome! I came away like a bandit!!

My wife got about 20 gifts from me and for some reason everyone gave tons of gifts this year. Not complaining a bit. Was very nice and the vacation was great too.

What are your scores?
YOU TOTALLY SCORED DUDE!!

zachary

A DW keller 1996 maple snare in custom pink finish. A DW5000 hi-hat stand. A zildjian avedis 18" medium crash. Oh also, a signed chad smith snare skin. Peace out girls.

Poppawheelie

Well my son gave me a cymbal mount that attaches to my rack tom arm, 3 pairs of stix from my bro in law and with part of my Christmas bonus I picked up a Zildjian A custom 20" medium ride. Much nicer than the Meinl MCS I was playing before. Oh, and a mic mount so I can run my snare through my pa and throw some delay on there for some cool spacey effects.

Red Menace

Platinum Member
Two very nice musical gifts this year.

Jazz Drummer's Workshop by John Riley (Same guy that wrote Art of Bop Drumming) from my friend that is a piano teacher and a playable drum t-shirt.

Hah! What a whimsical yet utterly practical combination.

By the way, that's not me. I'm not really the pirateship tattoo type.

kuren84

I was lucky enough to get an 18" Sabian HHX Ozone crash. I played it yesterday and WOW amazing that's all there is to say.

SquadLeader

Gold Member
My fiance bought me a double bass pedal.

Not an expensive one...under £100....but it plays like an absolute dream.

My daughter bought me some Giggrips.

Both absolutely belting presents which I'm extremely grateful for.

PeteN

Silver Member
I got a Roland SPD-SX as a gift for Christmas......now waiting for a stand I ordered to go with it.

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
I got a $50 gift card for Guitar Center from my friends. Man, I got some cool friends. Also I bought myself a Petrillo P4 practice pad. It's awesome. Not sure yet what to buy with that gift card.