What is YOUR strongest quality or skill-set on the kit?

well, from my youngest days in middle school band, I was always told that things had to be perfect. That is why you did band (or football, or Boy Scouts etc)...because it was an activity that had requirements, and one of those was to play perfect. I was taught that it was disrespectful to the other participants to not do your part. It was a waste of their time.

My first studio experience was my sophomore year in HS, and it changed my life. It was awesome...and scary, and frustrating etc. Luckily, the engineer was our drummers (I played bass in that band), teacher. He taught us a TON about the studio experience. That fall, we started being a guinea pig band at The Recording Workshop in Chillicothe Ohio. That also exposed us to tons of experience. I wanted to be the guys who were always nailing it on the first take. There is a certain kind of "energy" that that pressure gives me.

this...is quite possibly the best thing I have ever seen. This completely defines one of my big view points on life. I am stealing this as a quote for ther band room. Royalties will be sent....

Hurry up with the damn royalties.....I'm gettin' hungry and the pantry is empty except for panic bought toilet paper.

Definitely not my chops. It’s not my good looks either. But, at a festival I played at with about 10 other bands in the lineup, the guitarist/bandleader for one of the headliners asked our keyboard player, “Who’s the guy with the built-in metronome?” I took it as a compliment, but it could’ve been construed as “boring”.

Persistence. I keep trying and haven't given up-yet. Oh I've considered quitting and selling all of it but quickly came to my senses. It's a lot like darts-ever once in awhile I hit a bullseye and that keeps me going. I think I at least stay on the board now-so no flying out the window. But then again I have my moments LOL. I use to have a "good ear" but I can't hear crap now and I use to have better time-but my perspective has changed-it use to pass so slowly and now it seems faster paced LOL. Funny on here I've never impressed anyone-but at home I'd always get compliments-which I toned with the reality here. Made me thankful of my good supportive local friends (who mean well)-one who lie to me cause they love me and here the brutal truth cause you love me-well maybe it's just hoping the next video will improve LOL.

Definitely not my chops. It’s not my good looks either. But, at a festival I played at with about 10 other bands in the lineup, the guitarist/bandleader for one of the headliners asked our keyboard player, “Who’s the guy with the built-in metronome?” I took it as a compliment, but it could’ve been construed as “boring”.

That is one HELL of a way to be "boring".

Being recognised for your inner clock is no easy feat.

Persistence. I keep trying and haven't given up-yet. Oh I've considered quitting and selling all of it but quickly came to my senses. It's a lot like darts-ever once in awhile I hit a bullseye and that keeps me going. I think I at least stay on the board now-so no flying out the window. But then again I have my moments LOL. I use to have a "good ear" but I can't hear crap now and I use to have better time-but my perspective has changed-it use to pass so slowly and now it seems faster paced LOL. Funny on here I've never impressed anyone-but at home I'd always get compliments-which I toned with the reality here. Made me thankful of my good supportive local friends (who mean well)-one who lie to me cause they love me and here the brutal truth cause you love me-well maybe it's just hoping the next video will improve LOL.

Where is the evidence to suggest that you don't impress anyone on here?

You get a lot of positive comments in response to your posts.

I sure as hell don't impress anyone on here with my drumming skills or my drumming knowledge.

Besides....... persistence that you have mentioned as your strong quality is intense!

Think of all the patents/inventions for drumming over the years.

Without persistence, we would have no inspiration to draw from, we'd never better ourselves and there'd be no creation.

For me it’s a toss up between my stunning good looks and humility. As for my drumming, it’s between my willingness to play/practice any time (for free) and my habit playing what the song needs.

Pete

For me it’s a toss up between my stunning good looks and humility. As for my drumming, it’s between my willingness to play/practice any time (for free) and my habit playing what the song needs.

Pete

yeah, this is part of my resume as well. My pay scale fits many budget levels...

I was put on medication for life before I reached drinking age that doesn't mix well with alcohol. I didn't really have a choice.

you are not missing anything...

My strong suits are I always show up on time, rarely express opinions, create no drama....all while being a somewhat adequate drummer. Apparently that’s a rare and sought after combination
OMG I can totally relate. I've never heard it distilled down so perfectly before.

Pure gold right there.

I was put on medication for life before I reached drinking age that doesn't mix well with alcohol. I didn't really have a choice.

Been there. Still there. Always gonna be there.

I can have one beer in a six hour period, period. Nada mas. Been that way for 32 years. Sigh.

I feel your pain.

Pete

Been there. Still there. Always gonna be there.

I can have one beer in a six hour period, period. Nada mas. Been that way for 32 years. Sigh.

I feel your pain.

Y'all ain't missing nothin'. It stops being fun after a while. And your insides get pissed off. Nothing worse than pissed off insides.

Tell you what, I drank waaaaay too much when I was younger. I drank y'alls drinks and served y'alls hangovers. You had a good time and you're welcome. I might need your liver later on.

Being Sober
That is feat. I've always had an addictive personality-food, tobacco, alcohol, and then other substances by about 15 years of age I started all of it. Then about a 15 year roller coaster ride whatever demon I was fighting died-probably OD, maybe liver disease, starved to death-maybe could have been a heart attack when I was obese LOL. But I still have a functioning brain and no prison sentence. So it was a learning experience. Alcohol was just to curb or potentate whatever else I was doing. I never really thought I had a drinking problem but I guess in my mind it was lesser of issues. I still drank when kids young and said some insensitive belligerent stuff thst prompted I don’t need to drink if a mean drunk. I apologized then snd ever since for my stupidity but did my best to make amends. I really worried my three kids might inherit my addictive tendencies but none have- though all responsible drinkers. My eldest brother just this year has quit drinking- he's been an alcoholic for decades now-he’d down two tall glasses of straight Wild Turkey in a row to cut the edge. I figured he would drink himself to death-he sure tried to after he wife passed away. My next oldest brother and youngest sibling can pick up alcohol, tobacco-heck probably meth and coke and just as easily put it down. No issues whatsoever with addiction in any capacity. A crappy draw of the genetic cards I'd say for my eldest bro and I. My mother was a responsible drinker but four of her siblings were alcoholics. My Dad's brother an alcoholic. My wife's grandparents and uncle on one side all alcoholics so tendency runs on her side too. I think of all the rock stars and various talented people who fell prey to their own desires (heck as we all do) and alcohol their Waterloo. We all have one most likely.

Last edited:
Y'all ain't missing nothin'. It stops being fun after a while. And your insides get pissed off. Nothing worse than pissed off insides.

Tell you what, I drank waaaaay too much when I was younger. I drank y'alls drinks and served y'alls hangovers. You had a good time and you're welcome. I might need your liver later on.

I don't regret not being able to get schnockered. I overdid that for just over four years in my late teens to early twenties before quitting altogether as part of my early Christian experience.

For me, what I miss all these years later is the relaxation component of alcohol. We went with friends to a favored restaurant in Eagle Rock, CA and I got a screwdriver (12oz beer or 6oz wine or 1 cocktail = 1 alcoholic beverage) that turned out to be an unwanted double or greater. Literally 5 minutes after drinking it I got a lovely nosebleed that lasted for an entire hour. NOT very relaxing, although I did discover the ceiling to be unexpectedly and compellingly lovely.

Pete

Back