What is your kit color - (edit..I apologize for excluding some colors and other potential finishes)

What is the best color for a drum kit?

• Red

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • Blue

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Green

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Black

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • White

Votes: 15 19.7%
  • Purple

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Yellow

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Brown

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Natural

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • Wrap

Votes: 19 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My current kit is the renown??damn..why do I have a mental block on the name?..everytime. It's the mint sparkle..but is a bit to pretty if that makes sence. Ludwigs blue sparkle wrap is a lifetime favorite as well as their silver sparkle wrap but I like those colors on small kits..my fondness of drummers from the 60s are probably responsible for this. Another all timer is the Rogers blue onyx.

That’s easy for you to say! White, because I’ve always loved white drums and high voltage blue, because it reminds me of an Icehouse song…:unsure: Thiscould be your greatest poll yet @SomeBadDrummer!:ROFLMAO:(y)
Thank you @Al Strange you are an awesome mate! I agree this could be one EPIC Poll!

Get the popcorn ready 🍿it'll be interesting hopefully 🤗but who knows?
🤔🤷‍♂️

My current kit is the renown??damn..why do I have a mental block on the name?..everytime. It's the mint sparkle..but is a bit to pretty if that makes sence. Ludwigs blue sparkle wrap is a lifetime favorite as well as their silver sparkle wrap but I like those colors on small kits..my fondness of drummers from the 60s are probably responsible for this. Another all timer is the Rogers blue onyx.
Okay, you are a soulmate. I found this 60's Pearl kit in a local shop about 6 months ago and couldn't resist. What was I thinking? They are so awesome, sound amazing.

Sit in a closet most of the time, they're ready to step out on a moment's notice at any time.

blue pearls.jpg

My favorite are natural finishes. Sadly I don't own any since the ones I like most seem to all be on $4k kits from Sonor and DW, and I'm more of a $3k kit guy.

I’m roloc dnilb so I randomly picked some. Naw I’m kidding. I like natural black red and blue, and I like natural black, red and blue, as well as natural, black, red and blue. This is a trick question revealing some bull crap Myers-Biggs personality bull crap.

This is a trick question revealing some bull crap Myers-Biggs personality bull crap.
Actually it's just a simple question regarding the preference of the color of your kit lol:ROFLMAO:

My kit finish preference has changed over the years . Usually natural wood finishes or burst lacquer finishes . I also like white sparkle lacquer finishes as well . Black is very classy too . My all time favourite finishes are Birdseye maple and flame/curly maple . I own a Ludwig kit with Birdseye veneer and a Steambent flame maple kit from Summit Drums .
It's interesting that over the years my tastes have run mostly to red/natural finishes. I also admire Piano White and Piano Black finishes as totally classic as well as Antique White or Marine White finishes.

My toms and bass are Nicotine White Marine Pearl. Though the nicotine lends a brownish undertone in some lighting, white is the primary color. Like @Al Strange, I have a longstanding passion for white shell packs. With only one exception, all my kits have been white.
Just to clarify for the peanut gallery, can you post a pic please?

Well dang I was hoping for a freebie psychoanalysis. I’m due a tuneup. My Mom use to speak pig Latin to us at times.

Mine is black and red (or, red burst would be the right term). Most of my kits has either been black or red, so I guess I'm a bit biased between those colors.
This is exactly a what you must have been thinking all along. I agree 100:%

Back