what is your favorite part about summer?

has covid-19 effected your summer plans?

• yes but was a very easy fix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • we planned it in advanced so no

• let's just not talk about this

• Total voters
I live in Florida so my favorite part of the summer is staying inside. In the ac. Where I'm not sweating through my clothes five minutes after putting them on.

man, I have only been to FL in the winter with marching band - the week after Christmas - and it is too hot and humid for me then....I could not imagine summer down there!!

man, I have only been to FL in the winter with marching band - the week after Christmas - and it is too hot and humid for me then....I could not imagine summer down there!!

Yea, in January and February we average high 50s to low 60s during the day with the occasional dip into the 30s at night... The whole rest of the friggin year it's seriously 100+ and 90% humidity. Every damn venue/club is either outside or inside with no ac lol.

My bones don't hurt as much.
I can't figure that out. I'm working so much I never get outside, but my joints still ache more in the winter.
As a southern AZ resident, I for one love the heat. I'll deal with 100 days of 100+ than one day below 0.
I melt in the heat. Or so I thought until I went somewhere that was DRY and hot. Then I loved the heat. In Toronto, it can be scorching hot, or so cold the snow squeaks, and it's STILL damp. That's the price of being on the shore of a great lake.

I melt in the heat. Or so I thought until I went somewhere that was DRY and hot.
That's my neck of the woods for sure.
Direct sun feels like a blast furnace but then you duck into the shade & it's remarkably cooler.

Not so much in the humid areas where you have "air you can wear" and there's no escape.

Since my kids grown we all take off,with significant others ( use to be girlfriends- now husbands, fiancée, and boyfriend) for one or two weeks to spend in a big house we rent on Gulf of Mexico. My wife and I did the same when they were kids but it was our beach house then (my Mom sold it about 15 years after my Dad died). I’m usually brown as a berry by now but I need to go see a dermatologist because all skin damage and odd growths. I’m being more cautious but that’s after a lifetime of no shirt most all Summer and I never wear sunscreen except face- nose and ears. I’ve been “baked” most of my life now actually- and in so many ways LOL. I love all the seasons I’m glad it changes. I like to see nature change - my issue is weather really never bothered me till now where cold really gets me now. A sure sign I’m officially old ROFL. I’m vaccinated and all but one in family so I’m done with the virus.

Last edited:
Not in any specific order.....

Fishing
Golfing
Beach going
Yard projects
I see more of my daughters since they’re not in school .
And as some have already stated , my body hurts much less from arthritis from multiple injuries to my back , neck , knees, ankles, well hell, all my joints from all the years at my profession .

Back when I lived on the beaches of San Diego county, my favorite part of summer was always: When the tourists leave. (That would be September)
Back when I lived in town, near the university: When the students leave. (that would be June)
Now that I live on a nearly-empty Möbius strip: When it's comfortable to walk around my yard naked. (For some reason, it's always after Mother's Day, but I try all year long. It keeps the farmers talking.)

Now that I live on a nearly-empty Möbius strip: When it's comfortable to walk around my yard naked. (For some reason, it's always after Mother's Day, but I try all year long. It keeps the farmers talking.)
Sigmund Freud had some first-class thoughts on this phenomenon.

@Ransan good strategy to have small trees in your backyard, easier to maintain.

You have a very nice lawn too, very good looking all around really, the work is obvious!

Chile beer, I don't know that.
Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated!
Once locked in routine, the yard work doesn’t take that long to maintain. It’s due to the mercy of Mother Nature, then fall and spring hard work that pay off.

Yes the region takes pride in their chili.
As for the beer it’s a bit spicy and I enjoy it on occasion.

I love this song to kick off that summer feel.

My favorite part of the summer is playing gigs! We have a crap-ton of outside stuff lined up right now. I'm trying to get in better shape so I can stand the heat.

Also, one of my favorite things to do in the summer is pull out a chair whenever I'm done mowing and enjoy a cold drink with my outdoor dog.

181102248_10226357245698070_718685253555750041_n.jpg

180858537_10226357245898075_3059201000518701761_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yea, in January and February we average high 50s to low 60s during the day with the occasional dip into the 30s at night... The whole rest of the friggin year it's seriously 100+ and 90% humidity. Every damn venue/club is either outside or inside with no ac lol.

ugh...no thanks! We are having our first muggy weather of the year this week, and I am already getting grumpy...gonna be a long 7 months...

ugh...no thanks! We are having our first muggy weather of the year this week, and I am already getting grumpy...gonna be a long 7 months...

Yea, I was just outside two days ago ripping out an old inoperable hot tub. It was 90f by 10am and I was literally dripping sweat through my clothes haha. I also got a decent amount of sunburn on my freshly shorn noggin'.

I love the extreme heat combined with the humidity here in the South (US). And the mosquitos.

A very simple thing...i like to go down to the boating docks where they have this quaint little bar. I sit outside on a Friday after work drinking a few I.P.A.'s watching the boats go up and down the waterway. Totally relaxing. Just me..the sun in my face and a good buzz befor riding my schwinn home.

Back