what is your favorite part about summer?

has covid-19 effected your summer plans?

• yes but was a very easy fix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • we planned it in advanced so no

• let's just not talk about this

• Total voters
You didn't have "sort-of" option, so I went with Yes, but easy to fix.
Some places we planned to go to are closed, but we worked around it by doing what was partially open.

COVID for me has been a blessing in that it's allowed me to study my craft with more intensity that I ever would've before.
And as a hired gun, it's allowed me to really think about what kind of gigs I want to do in the future.

I live alone - albeit with a dog who can protect me (but bites me every now and then**) - so I sleep better when there's less dark hours in the day.

**About every 4 months every year for the past decade. It's like his brain circuit resets and I become a new owner all over again.

Last edited:
I love summer. It's hot out. The world is alive and green again. My bones don't hurt as much. I can get lots of projects done on the house. My wife wears less clothes. Summer is awesome.

Covid has not altered my summer one bit. I'm an antisocial homebody who doesnt have a "real" job, so I would stay home anyways. I don't need to go anywhere.

I love summer. It's hot out. The world is alive and green again. My bones don't hurt as much. I can get lots of projects done on the house. My wife wears less clothes. Summer is awesome.

Covid has not altered my summer one bit. I'm an antisocial homebody who doesnt have a "real" job, so I would stay home anyways. I don't need to go anywhere.
why does your bones hurt!

If he's like me, cold doesn't bode well with joints and anywhere you've had a break.
Yep. More arthritis than breaks though. Its inevitable in my moms family to get it. And my dads family has its share of fake knees and hips also. My joints were screwed from day 1.

It's sort of a new thing, like within 5 years new. Seems I turned 40 and stuff got different.

As a southern AZ resident, I for one love the heat. I'll deal with 100 days of 100+ than one day below 0.

I like the summer because in the morning I can wake up, thow on a pair of shorts and a t shirt, go downstairs, fire up the coffee machine or make some french press, make a couple eggs or bagel or english muffin take it out on the back deck and sit and enjoy the birds chirping and the sounds of the neighborhood waking up. From about now until the first chill I won't wear anything but my birkenstock sandals. And when I'm feeling motivated I'll get on the bike and do some miles around the 2,000 acre reservation/park near me. I'll even ride when it's crazy hot. Just bring lots of water. If it's raining I make the coffee and eggs and then head to the basement where it's always much cooler than the rest of the house and play some drums. Summer is awesome. I don't dislike winter mind you. I love skiing and I love being out in the snow and cold and then coming inside, pouring a scotch and warming up by a fire. But I was born in the middle of the summer so I suppose that may have something to do with why I like it so much. Growing up, some of my best memories were from my summers at camp. Summer is the real deal.

We played quite a few outdoor gigs last summer, at the height of lockdown. We have even more booked for this summer, assuming we don't have to go back to stricter lockdowns again. We're fortunate. Many of the bands around here weren't working as much as we were, and I don't see them having the bookings posted online that we do, so far.

(fingers crossed)

Now the hard part, getting back to the level of tightness we were at before Covid hit. We've been rehearsing some, but that's not like gigging every weekend. I'm confident it'll start to come back, as we get into the schedule. I just want us back to that previous level as soon as possible, we had really started gelling...

Last edited:
I like to stargaze at night but with a 8pm curfew it's a real bummer.. I need to drive away from light pollution.

This summer..hemmm.. peaceful anti-lock down manifestations?

Nope business as usual.
Late springs are oft, then summer is brought in by flower scented blooms, and frequently mowed grass.

I enjoy doing yard work at my home.
Then a fresh cold brew while enjoying the view.

The front yard has a few projects going on as you can see.
F0CA7631-0FAD-4D55-A52E-DD0C82517D47.jpeg
The back has a tree that looks like it didn’t make it, we had snow just last week.
So I have another project -
F30A59C6-1F6D-4F99-ADFA-28D6347E206C.jpeg23FF703E-EA32-4989-B426-3E1496A76D40.jpeg

@Ransan good strategy to have small trees in your backyard, easier to maintain.

You have a very nice lawn too, very good looking all around really, the work is obvious!

Chile beer, I don't know that.

marching band and drum corps season are the only things that bring me out in the summer

I also like not having to wear teacher clothes

I hate the heat and humidity; the bugs; the long days...anything over 60ºF is too hot for me...

and @C.M. Jones pretty much explained my distaste for summer as well...maybe you, Auspicious and I need to go together and buy the old LeStudio property and build a winter wonderland/practice paradise....

Back