what is a good drumkit for a low price?

I'm in grade 10 and i have a yamaha 98 custom that i got second hand a few years ago.
How much would a kit that is maybe a few steps up from my yamaha kit be and what are some suggestionss for a certain kind?

any suggestions will be helpful and appreciated.

BFDrummer

I believe Sonor 3007's would be nice step up for you.

They are going for $650 on ebay in 6-piece set ups.

Cheers

thanks for the suggestion.

I live in canada so that would be more then the $499 us and then shipping costs.
are you sure it is a step up from the yamaha 98? my yamaha was over $700 used with some hardware but mainly just cracked cymbals.

madgolfer

I was just in Interstate Music Supply and they still had one of the Yamaha Stage Custom Birch kits with a free Yamaha rack for 6 hundred and change. Sounded great. If you bought this setup you could keep the drums and sell the rack on ebay and make back most of what you paid for the kit in the first place.

what would be the cost of a drumkit i have new? it is a yamaha 98 stage custom i believe and we got it for $700 used with hardware and im told that a $499 kit is a step up. so im just wondering what my kit is realy worth so i can have a good view of the market.

i just found a mapex saturn used for 500$ on ebay yesterday, but then again most ebay sellers dont ship to Canada. And i don't really think that The Custom classic kits are really a step up. They're really cheap for the quality ur getting, but they're still entry-level drums. Try tama starclassic, yamaha tour custom, gretsch renown

BFDrummer

I've also been noticing an abundance of pro-level pearl kits going up on ebay in the sub $1,000 range. PM the seller to see if they will ship to Canada usully they are pretty happy to at a slight upcharge ofcourse!

madgolfer

what would be the cost of a drumkit i have new? it is a yamaha 98 stage custom i believe and we got it for $700 used with hardware and im told that a $499 kit is a step up. so im just wondering what my kit is realy worth so i can have a good view of the market.
There has been a lot of progress in terms of what features manufacturers are offering on "entry" level kits. Some have all maple or birch shells which would have been unheard of ten years ago. Your stage custom was made in 98? Sell it for a few hundred bucks, I'd say.

Mike St.Clair

I'd bet money the Custom Classic hybrids are an upgrade to yours. 12 years has seen immense growth in drum manufacturing. I guess it depends on how much you're willing to spend.

i dont have much to spend because i am in grade 10 and have a bad job. i get about 200 bucks a month and i saved up all summer for an iron cobra double bass pedal so now im broke >.<