What has been thrown at you during a gig?

MrPockets

Gold Member
Don't say bras because unless there is visual evidence, we know you are kidding yourself.

A six pack of beer (yup six cans airborn). Of course it was just a kind jesture from someone on the side of a Mardi Gras parade in New Orleans.

Don't say bras because unless there is visual evidence, we know you are kidding yourself.

I've actually had bras thrown a couple of times. Once was legit, during karaoke. The other was staged during a bar gig (she brought an extra bra to throw...).

Other than those, I've never had anything thrown onstage during a performance. I was concerned when we played the Tomato Battle event, but everyone there was cool.

I recall playing for a punk band in a high school when I was a kid and although nothing was thrown at me, I did see alot of milk cartons and fruit flying through the air. But that was a long time ago. Maybe its time to get stuff thrown at me again, eh?

people usually throw Gretsch round badge drums at me

which I naturally use as firewood

My old band opened up for a band once and it was a bit of a mis-match so we got a few bottle caps thrown at us. Wasn't fun but what are you gonna do.

We were playing a local dive bar, covering a Car's song with the line "Life's the same, except for my shoes"

I thought it would be a great prank to play on our singer/bass guy so I brought in about ten old pairs of shoes and asked someone to stealthily pass them out and spread the word to toss them on stage at the appropriate time.

Well, the time came and a few the shoes came HURLING toward the stage. Bass player dodged a bullet and glanced a cymbal as it flew past my head. I mean, it was a freaking fast ball aimed at his head.

people usually throw Gretsch round badge drums at me

which I naturally use as firewood

Too funny...................

Sorry, but if you don't want to hear about ladies undergarments, I'm afraid I'll have to decline much else.

Bras and panties. And, one time, a roll of coins.

A full can of beer. Thrown hard by a drunken dickhead and just missed my head.......wouldn't have ended well for me. A gesture by a sheer twit that was most unappreciated. However, I did get a giggle out of learning it didn't end well for him. To this day, I'm still thankful to two of our crew members and a handful of punters for "sorting it out" on my behalf.

Reefers.......that one was a lot more appreciated. :)

Not much nowadays, but years ago, bottles of piss at Wacken and Donnington are always a favourite of the crowd.

One of the worst 'Wrong things to say to the crowd" incidents was Biff Byford; gallons of the stuff were hurled at Saxon.

Must be the circles I move in....

Rubber pellets. Punk teens were shooting them out of a little gun towards performers. Took me the longest time to figure out what the hell was going on that night. Bass turds.

Beer bottles.
Beer cans.
Beer.
A traffic pylon.
Drum sticks.
A beach ball.
T-shirts [2].
Hockey and Football scarves.

Not thrown but my bass player stuck a pin on button in my forearm saturday night. It was a Heiniking beer cap that blinks and he reached over and jammmed it in me? At least he thought it was funny.

In 1983, my band at the time had an M-80 explosive charge hurled at us. It was an outdoor biker event with this MC club called The Breed. It went off right onstage behind the singer and in front of me. No injuries, but man was that startling. Then we got to witness three bikers beating the living crap out of the guy who threw it. Fun times lol.

Not thrown, but lovingly placed. About two years ago, two girls got up on stage & put panties on our keyboard player + were body grinding him. He was lapping it up, until he noticed his wife unexpectedly standing at the back of the crowd.

They've since separated.

Had a few girls flashing their "chests" at the singer earlier this year, but removed garments were retained. Came very close to video evidence, as this happened literally inches off camera. Dammit!

The singer & his wife have since separated.

Also around a year ago, we had a little hottie gyrating in a very very naughty way in front of the band. The bass player lost concentration completely & fluffed his playing. That was caught on camera & shown here, albeit briefly, as I had to take it down to avoid possible relationship issues for him.

He has since separated from his partner.

Get the emerging pattern here?

Not thrown, but lovingly placed. About two years ago, two girls got up on stage & put panties on our keyboard player + were body grinding him. He was lapping it up, until he noticed his wife unexpectedly standing at the back of the crowd.

They've since separated.

Had a few girls flashing their "chests" at the singer earlier this year, but removed garments were retained. Came very close to video evidence, as this happened literally inches off camera. Dammit!

The singer & his wife have since separated.

Also around a year ago, we had a little hottie gyrating in a very very naughty way in front of the band. The bass player lost concentration completely & fluffed his playing. That was caught on camera & shown here, albeit briefly, as I had to take it down to avoid possible relationship issues for him.

He has since separated from his partner.

Get the emerging pattern here?

The moral of this story is either:

A) Never gig if you are married

B) Always look down when playing

C) Play behind a shield

or D) Don't get caught

Back