What finally convinced you that the brown note wasn't real?

MrPockets

Gold Member
We've all been there. First time playing with another musician and you are worried that they are going to play the brown note. You didn't bring a change of pants. Did they?

Your palms are getting sweaty and the stick is getting harder to hold because you are so nervous. You decided to have all you can eat chimichangas before practice.

The band wants to play in a lower key and you say you have to leave early.

What was the tipping point to not living in constant fear?

Last edited:

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Oh its real, believe me its real! Im just way more interested in what custom made socks are??
Most socks, even diabetic socks, are too constricting on my shins. Diabetic socks have a loose weave in the foot part, but a regular tight weave at the shin part. Which cuts off my circulation to my ankle and majorly compresses the skin under it.

So I order my socks from The Sox Lady. She loosens the loom for a really comfy sock. I specify a loose weave on the whole sock. They're really comfortable. I buy 30 pairs of white and 12 pairs of black so it makes wash day easier.

I may get custom made shoes someday because my feet are shaped like big ole paint brushes. When I do, I'll amend my sig, promise.

I understand that she makes the socks for the Philadelphia Eagles too..

Hope you enjoyed that :)

B.O.T. can someone expand on the brown note? Is that really a thing?

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Here ya go Uncle Larry:

The brown note is a hypothetical infrasonic frequency that would cause humans to lose control of their bowels due to resonance. Attempts to demonstrate the existence of a "brown note" using sound waves transmitted through air have failed.

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
I may get custom made shoes someday because my feet are shaped like big ole paint brushes. When I do, I'll amend my sig, promise.
Have you ever stopped into an Allen Edmonds shoe store? This can be a nice gap between full custom shoes, and getting a shoe made on a last that is similar to your foot.

They measure you and do a great job of pointing out what shoes would fit well and why. If there's one around you, check em out. They are "high end" but if memory serves you are one who's okay with paying for nice leather work.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Here ya go Uncle Larry:

The brown note is a hypothetical infrasonic frequency that would cause humans to lose control of their bowels due to resonance. Attempts to demonstrate the existence of a "brown note" using sound waves transmitted through air have failed.
Oh right now I remember, thanks! There are well documented stories of Nikola Tesla and his good friend, Mark Twain. Nikola warned Mark about not absorbing so many vibrations from some kind of resonant machine that Nikola built, and Mark went ahead anyway and paid the price. I don't have to spell it out. Nikola was a completely amazing human being.

Have you ever stopped into an Allen Edmonds shoe store? This can be a nice gap between full custom shoes, and getting a shoe made on a last that is similar to your foot.

They measure you and do a great job of pointing out what shoes would fit well and why. If there's one around you, check em out. They are "high end" but if memory serves you are one who's okay with paying for nice leather work.
Allen Edmonds is brand new to me. I will look them up and THANKS for the tip James! Really! I've been on the prowl for custom shoes.

eclipseownzu

Gold Member
But the Van Halen brown sound is definitely real. And when a guitarist can nail that its the other side of my pants I have to worry about.

WallyY

Platinum Member
The old Simmons SDS-V was discontinued because Phil Collins was using it when he was playing drums with Robert Plant and girls in the audience were getting doodies.