What famous drum or drum set would you like to play in person?

Simon’s kit. Because I want to know how he tunes & positions everything.

set.jpg

Bellsons Kit from the Johnny Carson show. I always loved the sound and he was one of my early, "I wanna be that guy"

Steve Smith's Journey kit. It's 2 beech kicks w/ maple toms. I'll bring my own Sonor Phonic Reissue beech snare. ;)
Steve Smith has a woofer on his 18" floor tom! ?

NjFz8TK.png

Famous drummer's kits I'd want to play...

-Drums played by Buddy Rich
-Historic kits from jazz legends (Krupa, Bellson, Blakey, Tony Williams, Elvin Jones, Ulrich, etc.
-Terry Bozzio's monstrosity
-A Guru kit!

1. The kit Matt Cameron played on the Superunknown recording session.
2. The kit Steve Gorman played on The Black Crowes Amorica album.
3. The kit Phil Collins played on the cut of “In the Air Tonight,” just so I can do “The Fill.”

Steve Smith has a woofer on his 18" floor tom! ?

NjFz8TK.png

Famous drummer's kits I'd want to play...

-Drums played by Buddy Rich
-Historic kits from jazz legends (Krupa, Bellson, Blakey, Tony Williams, Elvin Jones, Ulrich, etc.
-Terry Bozzio's monstrosity
-A Guru kit!
LOL, Nothing exceeds like excess. Good catch !! I have to say though, when he gets to the kicks and floor toms they really do rumble! :oops:

I'll add another kit I'd like to try. Ainsley Dunbar's Hayman kit. I always wanted a kit like his but man were they ever tough to come by. I don't think they ever had distribution in the USA. Corky Laing from Mountain had a Hayman set too. Probably got them in the UK.

Last edited:
Tim Alexander's early Tama Primus kit with the wood piccolo. Jon Theodore's clear acrylic kit. Gabe Serbian's black sparkle Ludwig. Bill Bruford's 80s KC kit with the rocket toms and electronic pads.

That'll do me.

I’d love to play the kit Neil played on Tet For Echo and Vapor Trails, with that Craviotto and his old Azco ride cymbal. And probably Danny Carey’s Ocheltree kit, and probably that 10000 Days kit. And Tony Williams’s yellow Gretsches. I’d be happy with those.

Buddy Rich’s WMP Slingerland 80n kit from the 70’s was a kit I always dreamed about . I picked one up from the Chicago Vintage Drum Show a few years back ( then sold it ) so that urge is gone .

Some others that intrigue me :
Charlie Watts’ natural maple round badge kit
Mel Lewis’ Burgandy sparkle Gretsch kit
Jack DeJohnette’s Sonor Hilite Exclusive kit
Danny Seraphine ‘s White Slingerland Concert Tom kit

Hal Blaines Timbale and Monster kits
Buddy's Fibes Snare
Joe Morellos Time Out kit
The Slingerland used to record Zep 1
Bill Brufords late 70s rototom kit
Any of RIngos recording kits from 65 to 69

Or just have a day at the drum doctor :)

Back