What drums do you bring to the apocalypse?

Welll - looks like we got us a hardcore survivalist.
Let's eat him first before he starts picking us off one by one folks.
Oh hell I knew I was going to be a goner. So on to Plan B and now it's a Zombie Apocalypse-brewed in my diabolical laboratory to be my protective army. This could made into a movie where "500" survivalist protect their land from an attacking Demi-god (I'll be one after I bathe in the waters of Demi-goodness) and his Zombies. The last of the 500 will be a drummer who is sticking it to the Zombies (last scene a fantastic drum solo) before he dies-thinking of his loved ones-all his great drum kits. Epic. So now the question becomes when you are the last of 500 who is dying what drum kit will you be dreaming of your last moments. Took it up a notch. Also you get to take it to drummer heaven-so way better than suffering 499 butt holes who aren't drummers in an Apocalypse.

I'd order a Pearl Masterworks kit right before the collapse. Its bass resonant head would feature a depiction of hell. Dwelling underground among five hundred "important people" would be damnation personified. I'd rather take my chances in a remote woodland.

OF COURSE the backline in hell would be a Pearl ;-)

You can take one drum kit with you. No spares. Living conditions are unknown. It might be damp or dirty. You have no drum cases and you want your drums to last as long as possible. What drums and equipment do you take?

Ludwig Vistalite with DW5000 hardware & a basic Sabian cymbal "box set" configuration.
Acrylics aren't susceptible to weather changes like wood & the 5k hardware is rock-solid in every respect.

Come the apocalypse, and a sense of time is going to be important, since all we'll have left are sun dials, which don't work all that well at night or in cloudy weather. So having a reliable time-keeper will be vital.
Solar powered wrist watch, auto winder wrist watch. If you have one of each you are good to go.

Just this since nobody seems to have a use for it, whatever follows us in the future can discover it and ponder it's use..
nmz3suamunt0oyfbs9il.jpg

Last edited:
There would be no time in my life for drums what with repopulating the world and all of that.

If I was only one of 500 people on the earth, I don't think I'd be a drummer anymore.

I think I could do better under those 'stances

Just this since nobody seems to have a use for it, whatever follows us in the future can discover it and ponder it's use..
View attachment 98512
I saw a drum solo on one of these when I was like 4-5 years old. I've wanted one ever since.

Probably no batteries or working outlets for the adapter in the apocalypse however.

Think perhaps I'll just wait and build my own drums out of the skulls and skin of the dead. Bringing drums probably wont be on my list of necessities. A machete will, and I can make lots of stuff with one of those, including people dead to build drums out of.

I'll bet you have Pearl logo underwear, too.

This too:

music-stage-mens-drum-tattoo-on-inner-forearm.jpg

?Haven’t you ever heard of Pearl-y Gates? ?

Not in this lifetime...

I did rock a Pearl Export in 1988 while in the high school jazz band. Then again...so did everyone else in that era.

Acrylic drums, Ludwig metal snare, with New Beat Hi Hats, Sabian Ride, 16" Paiste Crash, 18" Zildjian K crash, and a UFIP 10" splash. But I still refuse to ever even listen to, let alone play "Mustang Sally".

Back