what do you guys think about Zildjian Z3 line?

pepino

Can anyone have an opinion, review, experience, I haven't had the chance to hear them in person, anyone?

MrPowerRide

I think the z3 line is much better than the Z customs of old. But only in the crashes (which actually was a huge improvement) in fact today i just bought a Z custom power ride over the new z3 rock ride. the z3 rock ride will probably appeal to more people its ping is more silvery than what i bought. My z custom power ride has a deep penetrating ping with a touch of silver. Like i said, the biggest improvement was the crashes, they went above and beyond to make these sound better t han the z custom rock crashes which i thought were harsh and horrible. the medium crashes are the only crashes i have tried and they are very nice. full, bright and cutting. the hihats im on the fence about cant tell you if i like them better now or the z custom mastersounds (which i owned a couple pairs and loved them) but i play a master sounds.

overall the z3 line is a bit of an improvement "overall" but with regards to crashes, a HUGE success. dont know about the china's, never got to play one.

pepino

actually I'm really interested in a 20in z3 medium crash and the trash ride, for the videos I've seen the trash ride it's a unique cymbal!

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
I haven't heard them.

I loved the Z Custom, and I played them for years and years.

Now that I'm bit older, and not playing loud clubs so often, I've gotten away from using them.

Nichalson2112

The hats and the crashes are perfect for metal and hard rock. The ride and chinas are a bit too much. The zildjian line has many options in those areas though. If I was a metal drummer I would use rides as crashes in the A custom line,