What do you drink live?

Frost

Silver Member
While drumming obviously, thread title is pretty self-explanatory otherwise.

Water being the obvious, beer being the rock thing to do.

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
Hey Frosty, have you seen this thread? http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64121

Whatever, I drink beer or red wine before and after playing but I keep a bottle of water behind the kit. The other week our singer bought me champagne.

I like to loosen up a bit with a drink before playing but the champers wasn't a good idea ... I'm a cheap drunk at the best of times and I get pie-eyed extra fast with the bubbly. Definitely not my tightest gig ...

Last edited:

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I've got to say it's a cool local dark bitter for me. Just the one pint before playing, then water behind the kit.

JT1

Silver Member
I nearly always have a pint before the gig and then a glass of water. Then I'll have a pint whilst playing the show too. I don't know, beer makes me feel comfortable.

dairyairman

Platinum Member
i usually have a single beer about an hour to a half hour before the show, but no more than that because i'll start getting sloppy. last week i was really thirsty before the show so i asked the bartender to make me a non-alcoholic fruit drink, consisting of several juices with a cherry and an orange slice. (she made up the recipe.) it was really good!

Travis22

I'm not picky...whatever I'm in the mood for. I like coffee at practice, but most venues we play don't have that as an option so ususally soda or water. I don't drink much alchohol anymore, but my band and I have a tradition of one shot of Crown before we play. That's as adult beverage-like I get.

Eman101

Coca-cola. It's not a concious decision to drink Coke, I just like to make sure I am well hydrated, and my favourite drink is Coke, so naturally...

Lucho

I used to drink beer during shows when I was playing covers. Someone mentioned the 3 types of cover bands in another thread:
1. tribute acts
2. rendition bands.
3. sort of crappy cover bands.

We fell into the third category, so it didn't matter if I got a little tipsy during the show. Nobody took it too seriously and we were just out to have a good time.

Now I just drink water. If I'm sleepy, I'll have a coke to wake myself up. The quality of the music is first on my mind now.

j.son

i usually hit the stage with a martini,a guiness and a bottle o water.i dont usually get a chance to finish the beer and water.but i slam em when we finish

Frost

Silver Member
No I haven't, this thread isn't necessarily about what's best though :D

I don't like drinking alcohol live, I never have, even when I was doing drama. It tends to go straight to my head when I'm exercising/performing and/or makes me want to go to the toilet constantly.

Oddly enough, I freeze green tea and let it defrost under set lights.

Hey Frosty, have you seen this thread? http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64121

Whatever, I drink beer or red wine before and after playing but I keep a bottle of water behind the kit. The other week our singer bought me champagne before we started playing.

I like to loosen up a bit with a drink before playing but the champers wasn't a good idea ... I'm a cheap drunk at the best of times and I get pie-eyed extra fast with the bubbly. Definitely not my tightest gig ...

Frost

Silver Member
Coca-cola. It's not a concious decision to drink Coke, I just like to make sure I am well hydrated, and my favourite drink is Coke, so naturally...
You can get well hydrated from coke? That's an odd one. I used to drink at least two litres a day and whenever I did any extensive exercise I always found myself reaching for a glass of water.

bonzolead

Platinum Member
Good to see my fellow Britsmen do the same. Guiness or Smiths is usually my drink of choice.
I'm from across the pond & I love Guiness & Smithwicks I drink Guiness on occasion when I gig & more if I get free beer during the gig lol

Bonzolead

Chromium

Well it's a long time since I played live with a band (as a bassist at the time), but I was kicked out of a band when I had a drink before a gig once. I wasn't pie-eyed, but had had enough to affect me (probably nerves) and can't say I blame them as I probably played pants. Mind you I was only about 18 at the time, the youngest member of the band. :) If I ever play in another band I'll be drinking water :)

Last edited:

alparrott

Platinum Member
Used to grab a power-sized Jamba Juice on the way to the gig, have home-mixed Gatorade during, then.... whatever else afterwards. Now I live outside of Jamba's marketing path, so my wife makes organic ingredient smoothies for me at home.

Frost

Silver Member
I'm from across the pond & I love Guiness & Smithwicks I drink Guiness on occasion when I gig & more if I get free beer during the gig lol

Bonzolead
I love drinking Guiness, terrible combined with any kind of exercise though, hangs around in your gut I find.