What discontinued cymbals/gear would you love to get your hands on, or put back into production?

Road Bull

Silver Member
So recently I cracked my 15" Paiste Sound Edge hi hat and my search for a substitute got me thinking. I have come across a lot of great specimens on youtube that look fun, but are no longer offered. For example, I would love to run down a pair of 15" Paiste Rude Sound Edge hi-hats. They look obnoxiously loud and wonderful, but are no longer offered.

So if you could have some hard-to-find item, what would it be?

Premier Signia, but this time with virgin kick drums and shallow toms options.

Zildjian 19" K Dark Medium-Thin. I was surprised to see them go a few years back so I picked up a couple on eBay, but one was too heavy and I sold it. Then the other one cracked. Dang.

Last edited:
Sabian 20" AA El Sabor Ride

I really wish I had kept the one I had. I know that Sabian will make any cymbal that they have already made, but there is nothing like going into a drum shop and buying one. Peace and goodwill.

Paiste 602 :
22' Dark ride
18" and 22" Medium flat ride
18',20" and 22" Thin flat ride

Paiste Sound Creation :
14" Dark Medium Sound edge hihats
14" Dark heavy Soundedge hihats
20" and 22" Dark ride

Paiste Dimensions :
14" thin heavy hihats
thin and medium thin crashes various sizes
Dry ride various sizes
Medium ride 20" and 22"

I would like to see the 13" and 14" 602 Heavy Hi-hat and 13" 602 Sound Edge Hi-hat, with the Blue Label weights.

Zildjian 19" K Dark Medium-Thin. I was surprised to see them go a few years back...

Man, the 90s ink version of these cymbals are some of the BEST cymbals of all time. I have a 16" and a 19", and had a 15" and 17" model, too, but foolishly sold them somewhere along the way.

My contribution to the thread: Gretsch 3-ply round badge drums. Man, they have a sweet tone. Also, Spizzichino copper drums!

Guru steambent In-Tense snares. I'm glad I got me some.

Zildjian 19" K Dark Medium-Thin. I was surprised to see them go a few years back so I picked up a couple on eBay, but one was too heavy and I sold it. Then the other one cracked. Dang.

Man, the 90s ink version of these cymbals are some of the BEST cymbals of all time. I have a 16" and a 19", and had a 15" and 17" model, too, but foolishly sold them somewhere along the way.

I hear you guys. My Zildjian K 19" Dark Medium-Thin was one of my favorite crashes ever. I still have it, but it has a small crack. I am not even sure that I am the one who broke it... I do miss that crash though. Mine was also a 90s version.

The original Zildjian Z series rides.

I have a 20" Z heavy power ride. I don't know what I would ever do if I lost it.

My answer use to be the Paiste 602 line, but they did indeed bring them back. The only problem is they brought them back at a price level that makes no sense.

Evans EQ2 Black Reso bass drum heads with the Studio Grill. I've got a few extras stashed away, but would love to see this reso head reissued.

I'm a UFiP man through and through but man, those Paiste Dimensions were some incredible cymbals. I still own a 22" Dimensions Power China. Great cymbal!

Evans EQ2 Black Reso bass drum heads with the Studio Grill. I've got a few extras stashed away, but would love to see this reso head reissued.

I used one of these until recently, got it in a batter and reso twin pack for £20 un-used I was well chuffed! The old EQ1 heads were my favourite batter heads for BD. I still use an old Evans Genera as my reso head for my 24x20 nice for that Keith Carlock sound. If I want a dead sound I have an old Blue Hydraulic Head, again I acquired them all unplayed in a batch for next to nothing.

Cymbal wise it would be the Brilliant finish Earth Ride, loved those, I had a 22" unlathed one and it was crap in comparison to the 20".

Re; Dimensions, I used to have a 24" Mega Power Bell cymbal. There isn't a material on this planet that this ride couldn't cut through. Just gor impractical in the end. I know e-cymbals in the UK still have a few in the discontinued section.

Meinl Amuns and Rakers would be the others I'd bring back, they were so underrated. The 14" Amun Soundwaves were better than Paiste Signature Soundedges I had both at the time and the Meinls blew the Paistes away, alas I cracked the tops of both of em :(. Still have the bottoms.

Pro-Mark 5AL, Ringo signature model drum sticks. Discontinues since he went to that other company. Would love to track some down. I wrote to pro-Mark wondering if and are lying about some warehouse somewhere

Sabian 20" AA El Sabor Ride

I really wish I had kept the one I had. I know that Sabian will make any cymbal that they have already made, but there is nothing like going into a drum shop and buying one. Peace and goodwill.

I bought mine new about a year ago. Didn't know they were discontinued. Huh.

I love it. Not a fan of AA's but the El Sabor line is fantastic.

My first new cymbal was a Sabian 20 heavy AA in 1982. That was a beast. And my pride and joy for 15 years.

I would kind of dig the idea of an HHX 18" Rocktagon. That sounds really cool in my head.

Pro-Mark 5AL, Ringo signature model drum sticks. Discontinues since he went to that other company. Would love to track some down. I wrote to pro-Mark wondering if and are lying about some warehouse somewhere

Oh man, those were discontinued? I love them for recording, they give a great woody tone. However, when I did research on them back in the day, they're actually a generic stick that they slapped Ringo's name on, so you can get that same stick under a different name. So unless they discontinued the whole stick line, you should still be able to get it.

Back