What could you be doing right now, "honey do list" or otherwise?

Thunder 42

Silver Member
Just curious, what's on your list of could do or should do actions awaiting your attention?

Over these last several years (since I've been back), playing, practicing, research and everything drums and music has been very near the top of my list of priorities when not at my day job...

Here's what's been waiting for me: 3 cord split, seasoned shag bark hickory, white and red oak ready to be stacked. Cold fall and winter right around the corner...

Attachments

• 098.jpg
    098.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 141

Hollywood Jim

Platinum Member
No problem Thunder.
Combine your priorities. Put on Billie Gene by Michael Jackson and split those logs in rhythm to the music.

Magenta

Platinum Member
I should be working.

Thunder 42

Silver Member
How many stave snares did you intend on building?

Man, I wish. I have family members that are luthiers and could potentially see a day for me. For now I'll be throwing another (potential) snare on the fire when the temp drops below 60 degrees in the house.

Stroker

Platinum Member
Don't even get me going on this, Thunder! Roaring out loud! :) Fall, always seems to arrive like a one-two punch around here. You wake one morning and (pow-pow), there it is, and from that moment on you go like a raped-ape in an attempt to beat the first snowfall!

Draining and rolling-up hoses, endless raking........ the leaves keep dropping and dropping, AND DROPPING, wrapping specimen trees and plantings with burlap, and pruning-back shrubs and trees that require cooler season attention to avoid disease and insect infestation. Did I mention work on top of it? :)

Happy burning my friend! Love the camaraderie here!

Thunder 42

Silver Member
No problem Thunder.
Combine your priorities. Put on Billie Gene by Michael Jackson and split those logs in rhythm to the music.

That works, good call, a little SVR Family Style did the trick.

I should be working.
Me too, but more fun doing what I love.

Don't even get me going on this, Thunder! Roaring out loud! :) Happy burning my friend! Love the camaraderie here!
Slow and steady, brother. Yes, it is a great place.

Mission complete, sparked up the old Clydesdale and she's throwing some serious BTU's...

Attachments

• 099.jpg
    099.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 64

Stroker

Platinum Member
Looking cozy and great, Thunder! :)

Stroker

Platinum Member
Hey, Thunder, how many cords of wood do you go through a year on average?

M

Matt Bo Eder

And you know, here in southern California, we just had a weak storm roll through, and my AC still turned on once today (meaning the temperature inside the house rose above 79 degrees). We're still wearing shorts and I think we're still on fire watch.

I normally don't let things sit too long, but I just completed hand scrubbing the floor around my stove. When we cook, there's a bit of oil splattering onto the floor and rather than clean it up every time, I let it collect for a few weeks. I'm glad I did it, but it reminds me to just do it after every time we cook. Then I wouldn't have to be scrubbing at all. Lesson learned (again).

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
As a past member of the WoodBurning Institute, for real, went all the way to Atlanta for a two day conference, we considered seasoned wood, wood that had been split for over a year. Are you that far ahead?

Thunder 42

Silver Member
As a past member of the WoodBurning Institute, for real, went all the way to Atlanta for a two day conference, we considered seasoned wood, wood that had been split for over a year. Are you that far ahead?
Last years' cut. 9-12 months, not far off, I'd say. In a few weeks I'll be back in the midwest for Thanksgiving, and have several cord to split in my brother's operation there for next year's burn. That's cool that you had the WBI membership - have almost always had wood heat (or partial). A necessary labor of love that heats one 4 times, cut, split, stack, burn...

Attachments

• 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Stroker

Platinum Member
Usually 3-4. Seasoned hickory and oak exclusively.
Not bad at all. The oak sounds like a mighty-fine wood to burn, so put your feet up and settle in for and winter my friend! Have one for me!