What cost you more? Your car or your music gear?

Only good Jeeps are the ones that say "willys" (not that new bs where they stuck on a decal)
Or, the greatest offroad vehicle ever built, the Toyota Landcruiser pre 1980.

being poor helps; growing up in a family situation where we reused first, recycled if we could not reuse, and bought new last helped

I was trained to always search for the most durable/reliable thing before I bought...sort of like measure twice, cut once kind of mentality. I NEVER impulse buy <--- I have been known to be in a store with 2 pairs of the same socks in either hand, and spending 10-15 minutes looking them over before buying, checking for which one is "the best buy". Drives my wife nuts
lol, are we twins? I grew up in a family that always bought used vehicles that were already 15-20 years old when we got them. We went through so many it's ridiculous.

When I was 5 years old I was at a bookstore with my mom and I begged for a 5 cent toy top next to the register. As we left the store with it, she shamed me into admitting I had made a bad purchasing decision and she literally turned the car around and we went back into the store and she forced me to explain to the cashier that I wanted to return the toy.

So yeah, I turned out perfectly normal. :LOL: I constantly overthink and second guess my purchasing decisions because of it.

I wish VW would release their Transporter T6.1 van in the USA... unfortunately I think it's only available in Europe.
It looks like the perfect sized cargo van. While the Mercedes Metris is too expensive for me to own.

Last edited:
Or, the greatest offroad vehicle ever built, the Toyota Landcruiser pre 1980.

1979 FJ40 Landcruiser owner here. Nothing compares to them.

Definitely my gear costs more than my vehicles.

If you paid less for your car than your drums isn't that a schwinn 10 speed?..you can call it a car but bro!.

I don’t drive, nor do I have a drivers license (we use bikes here).

So my kit is more expensive ?

you are lucky....I wish we were set up here where I live for better bike commuting. It is better than it was, but still

I paid $52k in 2008 for a brand new F350 dually truck ($60k if you factor in financing) and then $10k for a cargo trailer to haul my drums, motorcycles and furniture around. I estimate I've paid $10k in insurance, $3k in vehicle registration, and another $10k in fuel and maintenance costs. My music gear and drums probably total in the $25k range (what it costs me, not what the current market would yield).

Last vehicle I got was a 1 owner pre-owned 2006 Ford E250 in 2009. What a deal I got, that was when the economy was pretty much at it's worst. I paid just $12,975 for a van in perfect shape with less than 9000 miles...and a full inside cabinet package, plus roofracks. New base model vans were fully twice the price.

I have probably 30,000 in just drums.

So drums.

Car hands down. So did my sofa, bed, and kitchen table. Oh yeah, my house too. What's the point of this question?
Apologies for the Arkansas Chuggabug stereotype there. Suddenly came to me and had to get it off my chest.
I'm not proud of it, but there was no stopping it, sorry. ?
Guess it makes me a 'Wacky Racist'! ?

Apologies for the Arkansas Chuggabug stereotype there. Suddenly came to me and had to get it off my chest.
I'm not proud of it, but there was no stopping it, sorry. ?
Guess it makes me a 'Wacky Racist'! ?
It's cool, I had no idea what it was. Just looked it up. Those folks live farther up the dirt road!

8.jpg

No idea? ?
Nope. Havent seen any HB cartoons in probably 35 years. Cartoons here are deemed offensive, too violent, and racist. This is why we still have Family Guy?

For the record, I grew up watching the Roadrunner and Coyote. Not once have I ever tried to drop an anvil on someone, paint a fake tunnel for someone to crash into, or chased anyone with a knife while wearing rocket skates. I guess I misunderstood the message.

Nope. Havent seen any HB cartoons in probably 35 years. Cartoons here are deemed offensive, too violent, and racist. This is why we still have Family Guy?

For the record, I grew up watching the Roadrunner and Coyote. Not once have I ever tried to drop an anvil on someone, paint a fake tunnel for someone to crash into, or chased anyone with a knife while wearing rocket skates. I guess I misunderstood the message.
Me neither. But the relentless repetition of Wacky Races and Scooby Doo left an indelible mark.

These days, definitely my cars (we have two of them). That's only been the case for the last five years though, after moving to the country (which meant we needed two cars) and becoming a dad (which meant we needed something safe and reasonably sized). Until that, I'd say my gear had a substantial lead.

Back