What are your favorite albums?

eclipseownzu

Gold Member
I tend to have a favorite album from various periods of my life.

80's - Master of Puppets
90's - Badmotorfinger
00's - Lateralus
10's - Koi No Yokan (Deftones)

A few more thrown in there, but that's a pretty good representation of who I was at those stages.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Isn't "albums" passe' now-since technically few sale actual albums now. Got to give them a new name-not "recordings or CD"-so lets have a New Name for Album Contest. I've got an old box filled with cassettes (since after my huge album collection burned up that ended album collecting)-all pretty much useless since I don't have any player (I guess I could use the tape to build a raft). Anyways albums don't cut it and hereby ban (let it be written let it be done) the term from DW till we can come up with a better term. However I guess some music was on albums-so to be historically accurate they are grandfathered in to keep the name-but anything digital and not on an album has to have a new name. Any law breakers will reap my wrath-I'm retired so got plenty of time to travel and just hang out with you till you submit before you lose your chips. Yeah torture can be insidious.

Armor of Light

Isn't "albums" passe' now-since technically few sale actual albums now. Got to give them a new name-not "recordings or CD"-so lets have a New Name for Album Contest. I've got an old box filled with cassettes (since after my huge album collection burned up that ended album collecting)-all pretty much useless since I don't have any player (I guess I could use the tape to build a raft). Anyways albums don't cut it and hereby ban (let it be written let it be done) the term from DW till we can come up with a better term. However I guess some music was on albums-so to be historically accurate they are grandfathered in to keep the name-but anything digital and not on an album has to have a new name. Any law breakers will reap my wrath-I'm retired so got plenty of time to travel and just hang out with you till you submit before you lose your chips. Yeah torture can be insidious.
We're good with "album" for now, I think.

al·bum
/ˈalbəm/

noun

1. 1.
    a blank book for the insertion of photographs, stamps, or pictures.
    "the wedding pictures had pride of place in the family album"

2. 2.
    a collection of recordings issued as a single item on CD, record, or another medium

TOMANO

A smattering of Desert Island Discs: Black Sabbath - Sabotage / Roxy Music - Siren / Blue Oyster Cult - Agents of Fortune / Neil Young - On The Beach / Pink Floyd - Animals / The Damned - Black Album / Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti / Alberto King - Born Under A Bad Sign / Enuff Z'Nuff - Paraphernalia / Jellyfish- Spilt Milk / Slauter Xstroyes - Winter Kill / Fastball - All The Pain Money Can Buy / Lou Reed - Rock N Roll Animal / Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced? / The Winery Dogs / UFO - Lights Out / The Who - Who's Next / Buddy Rich - A Different Drummer / Herbie Hancock - Crossings / Jean Luc Ponty - Cosmic Messenger / Terry Bozzio & Metropole - Chamber Works / Adam & The Ants - Kings of the Wild Frontier / The Bevis Frond - New River Head / The Band - Rock of Ages / Jeff Beck Group - Rough & Ready / David Bowie - The Man Who Sold The World/ Buffalo Tom - Sleepy Eyed / Keith Jarrett - My Song / Jethro Tull - Songs From The Wood

NackAttack

All led zep... almost ;)
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Pink Floyd - The Wall / DSOTM
Rage Against the Machine - Self titled
Queen - A night at the Opera
Nirvana - live unplugged
Pantera - Everything especially Far Beyond Driven
Mudvayne - LD 50
Clutch - self titled / Elephant Riders
Snot - self titled
Obituary - Anthology
Dying Fetus - Destroy the Opposition
Subseven - Free to Conquer
Disciple - Southern Hospitality
Tool - aenima

There are so many more, but these ones came to the top of my head because they all had a big impact at one time.