What are you listening to right now?

DRUMOLATOR,
If you're not already aware, here's someone you might want to start listening to. Johnny Smith...

A1 In A Sentimental Mood
A2 Walk, Don't Run!
A3 Autumn In New York
A4 How About You
B1 Someone To Watch Over Me
B2 Dancing On The Ceiling
B3 Blues For Birdland
B4 Have You Met Miss Jones

Bass – George Roumanis
Drums – Jerry Segal
Guitar – Johnny Smith
Piano – Bob Panecoast

Originally released in 1954

I love mashups. Not all, obviously, but when done well, I find them an astonishing and valid artform on their own.
I can't figure out if this one is the peak of western art or a warcrime. I was thinking the latter initially but by the end had reversed my position.
Yep these mashups are giving me some good chuckles. I didn't realize they were a thing until a few popped up on this thread. I've also been impressed by the Bad Lip Reading guy's stuff. He'll take an existing video and overlay it with an original song of his own making, some of which are crazy good.

The afternoon jazz for today is by The Roy Hargrove Quintet - With the Tenors of Our Time, featuring the drumming of Gregory Hutchinson. Peace and goodwill.

The afternoon jazz for today is also by The Roy Hargrove Quintet - Earfood. Peace and goodwill.

The afternoon jazz for today is by saxophone player Vincent Herring - The Uptown Shuffle, featuring the drumming of Joe Farnsworth. Peace and goodwill.

Well, I have gotten out the Christmas jazz. You can blame Charlie Brown for that. So the afternoon jazz for today is by Leann Albrecht - The Greatest Gift, featuring the drumming of Carl Albrecht. Peace and goodwill.

An obscure one by Dave Matthews but one of his best IMO. Had a brief pop on the radio back in the day and then disappeared...

Back