What are you listening to right now?

This must've been a great show with Guy Pratt from Pink Floyd on bass, Andy Newmark on drums laying down the foundation behind Bryan Ferry.

Last edited:
Today's jazz fusion is by Yellowjackets - Club Nocturne, featuring drummer Will Kennedy. Peace and goodwill.

Barry Harris Plays Tadd Dameron

Barry Harris (p)
Gene Taylor (b)
Leroy Williams (ds)

Recorded:June 4, 1975
What a trio album! Wow. I had not run across it until your post. I'm in the process of compiling a very short list of personal "essential" jazz to really dig in and digest. A listen to it 100 times kind of thing. This album just made the list. (y)

Today's jazz fusion is still by Yellowjackets - Altered State, featuring drummer Marcus Baylor. Peace and goodwill.

'Cigarettes After Sex' album by the band of the same name. The ultimate chill out album. Really, you could have root canal at the dentist without Novocain if they had this album playing.

What a trio album! Wow. I had not run across it until your post. I'm in the process of compiling a very short list of personal "essential" jazz to really dig in and digest. A listen to it 100 times kind of thing. This album just made the list. (y)
You're welcome.
I ran across this album about a month or two ago and have posted selections off of it before.
I have yet to hear anything from this album I didn't like.
I consulted with Amazon on this one, but they said $40 and CD only (only one available).......thinking about it.

Elvis

This afternoon fusion jazz is brought to me by Yellowjackets - Mint Jam, featuring Marcus Baylor on drums (and SABIAN cymbals). Peace and goodwill.

Back